3. MSC Seaside
We have cruised twice before with Royal Caribbean so we had some expectations going in. This ship needs so much help but I'll detail the good and the bad. The ship is beautiful and HUGE. The central area is pretty small but open to 4 floors so you can see the entertainment but you can't really be a part of it. The outside areas are nice because there are so many places that you can hang out but beware that you'll need to put a towel on a chair by 8:00 a.m. and good luck getting one at the main pool - it won't happen. We had access to the 19th deck, which was better than the rest but even on the last day they just kept adding chairs so that the only way to get out was to crawl off your chair. FOOD - the buffet was AWFUL. We didn't try the other add on restaurants to I can't comment on those. The food was the same everyday with the exception of a few additions but they didn't have staple items like iceberg or spinach to make a salad. They had some mixed greens that they included string beans and radishes in but that was only 2 times. They also NEVER had chicken breast - only food that was covered in fat and never chicken. They had it on the bone a few times but it was all legs and thighs - they probably send the breast to the nice restaurants! The desserts were bland and exactly the same all of the days. I love sweets and I couldn't find one thing that I liked the entire time (needless to say I didn't gain a pound on the this trip!). The bread was good and the omelets were good but that was it. We weren't sure who loved the pizza because it wasn't good either. Seating was difficult for the 8 of us as the place was always busy. There was no staff to help out either. We always sat down at dirty tables where we had to clean them off ourselves. The staff wasn't every friendly in the buffet area. I'm pretty sure most of them hated their jobs. BAR. The bar staff was overwhelmed and extremely slow. On the last day the entire 19th flood didn't have any wait staff at all - meaning everyone had to go to the bar to order drinks and all bottles/glasses/food was left everywhere all over the deck. The service all around was awful on the last day. It was as if they didn't want to give our any more alcohol (we didn't buy the drink package so we were actually paying customers!). The drinks were reasonably priced ($6.50 - $9) so even drinking everyday we wouldn't have even come close to using the drink package. You'd have to drink 8 drinks a day to make it worth it. There were a few random good bar people/servers but most of them just didn't have a clue. The bartenders were especially good at ignoring the customers waiting at the bar to be helped. PORTS. The ports were fine but what was annoying were the extremely long wait times to get back on the ship. Every other ship had people just walking on while we waited in line 15-30 minutes at every port only to find out that they were only using one scanner at each entrance (they had 3). They just aren't efficient in any way. CABIN. It was clean but it was our maids first week so she didn't have a clue as to what she was doing. There were no cute towel animals or chocolate - just basic service. KIDS CLUB. Our kids are 8, 10, 11 - after one hour they refused to go back. There was nothing for them to do in there. I don't know that any kid would want to be in there over the age of 7. ENTERTAINMENT. We aren't musical show people so I can't comment on them because we weren't even interested in them. The ONLY highlight was Beer Prov a couple of the nights (they cancelled the last night without telling anyone - not the cast but the ship). It was the best thing on the ship. We will be spending our money on the other cruise lines from here on out. Maybe this one will get better eventually but it's going to take some work. Very disappointing. I'm not sure who would appreciate this cruise as all aspects on an off were a disappointment.

NEEDS LOTS OF WORK - NOT WORTH IT

Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get MSC Seaside price drops

Cabin 13th Floor
The cabin was nice and clean. It was the maids first week to getting the water and gatorade that we were supposed to receive daily was a chore. There weren't any cute towel animals or chocolate on the pillow. No frills.
  MSC Seaside Deck Plans

• Chacchoben Mayan Ruins
    Very cool - HOWEVER you can walk out of the gates to street and get the same experience for $8 per person. The drive takes about an hour but you don't need any tour guide once you get there. It is pretty self explanatory. We bought our package when we got off the ship through the cruise line. THey gave us ONE adult for free (savings of $80) so do not buy this on the ship. Either buy it when you get off or from the street taxis!
    View All 359 Chacchoben Mayan Ruins Reviews
  • Stingray Swim
    The operator was great. There weren't but more than 5 stingrays that we saw. There were at least 700-800 people there from all of the other ships/excursions. I have done it in the past and had at least 50 stingrays. May have just been the time of year.
    View All 727 Stingray Swim Reviews