3. Carnival Vista
It can sometimes be difficult to choose a cruise that will be enjoyed by your teenage son ( and his friend who was a first time cruiser) We are not new to cruising and have always chosen based on itinerary and vacation time constraints. This year we originally chose a different cruise line but in the end, we were on the Carnival Vista in Cabin 9252. While I didn't meet Pande, our steward, my husband and the boys did and our cabin was kept spotless. Entertainment on the ship was some of the best we have seen. My favourite was the FLICK performance. Shout out to Karl who was on stage dancing for almost the entire hour. He was amazing to watch and so focused! There is so much to do on this ship. The boys were on the Sports Deck several times a day, tried the ropes course and Skyride and watched a dive-in movie. They also went to the IMAX. Hubby and I did the Red Frog Pub brewery tour. It was lots of fun and Ronald, the Brewmaster, is very knowledgeable. I would like to comment on our cruise director, Matt. I know that several people regularly interact with the cruise director and some even book a cruise based on the CD. While this is never going to be us, we did truly enjoy Matt. He was highly visible (I couldn't believe how he was everywhere at all hours) and very entertaining! (Even if he doesn't like my choice of Premier League team!) Dining staff was excellent. We have already completed our Carnival review and I will say here again that our servers, Jaya, Aubrey and Ketut were attentive, fun and personable. Ports: Our stops were Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We chose not to venture far in Ocho Rios, poking around the port shops and having a drink at Margaritaville. On Grand Cayman (my fav stop) I had booked a cabana at Royal Palms. It was nice to have some shad but we were there early enough that I wouldn't feel the need to book again-plenty of umbrellas and chairs were available. The server at RP told us that the property had been purchased and there may be a hotel going up on the property. RP in its current form may change. Cozumel led us to Paradise Beach and with two teenagers, this was a great choice. Lots to do, pool was the perfect temp and they had WIFI- a must when you are 17!. A beautiful day. We would certainly do this trip again!

Good times on the Vista!

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by pooksma

We would certainly do this trip again!
pooksma’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8D 9252
Typical ocean view cabin. Kept super clean and tidy by our steward Pande.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins