3. Viking Sky
I was checking in to Vikings Website about my 2019 Alaska Cruise I have booked. While there I saw the "Last Minute Specials" and found a two week Trans Atlantic out of San Juan, Puerto Rico to Barcelona sale. At first I was concerned about spending 6 days in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and finding something to do. Needless to say those were the best part of my whole trip. I was able to relax and enjoy myself the entire trip. One thing I've learned in life is that not all goes perfect every time, especially when your dealing with Mother Nature. Right away from when the boat pulled out of San Juan, Mother Nature wanted to remind us she was there. Seas were very choppy and it prevented us from being able to stop at Saint Martin the next morning. It also prevented some guest and entertainers from being able to get on to the ship there. (There had been delayed getting to San Juan and were gong to connect there). Fortunately, the seas calmed and we had a great trip across the Atlantic. The dining arrangements were fantastic. Most people follow the "business casual" dress request for dinner but you always have a few that figure those rules aren't for them. We ended up eating most of lunch and dinner meals in "The Restaurant" which is the main dining room. The foods were always outstanding and the staff was great. I recommend that if you like a particular waiter, that you request sitting in his/her area at each meal. It took a day or two to learn this but once you catch on it makes things a lot easier as he/she learns all your little secrets and requests. My only suggestion is that you make sure you give that waiter an extra tip and the end of your trip for helping to make it so special. The $15 per day that Viking charges your account is a mere pittance for all of the staff that you see helping making your trip special on this boat. The specialty restaurants are Manfredi's Italian which was very good. They have a fixed menu that will be the same every day except for the "Fish of the Day" and the "Pasta of the Day". I only ate there two nights and loved both meals Rib Eye Steak and Porchetta. Both meals were outstanding and can't wait to have them again on my next cruise. The "Chef's Table" I had booked for the first night of the cruise. My wife wasn't feeling well because of the water turbulence and I wasn't even more disappointed because I found out about their menu's changing every two days. I picked nordic night that meant just about everything had Salmon in it and that's not one of my favorites. The big thing about the "Chef's Table" is you don't select what your going to eat. It is all ready predetermined for you along with wines with each course. There were no real problems getting reservations here but after reviewing the different menu's we elected to spend most of meals in "The Restaurant" as the food quality and service are just as good. The entertainment was great with the Cruise Director Aaron doing a wonderful job. He also did a great show by himself with songs from Sinatra, Buble, etc. Viking had the Virginia Gentlemen, an A Cappella group on board for daily entertainment as well. These college students won the heats of almost every passenger and hopefully will become on regular on the Viking system. The Viking Band, dancers, entertainers all made the night end with an enjoyable show. We enjoyed out trip so much we booked a second trip for 2019 traveling from Rome to Athens next year. Because all Viking ocean ships are the same, once you get the lay of the land, it doesn't change going from boat to boat. This will make our Alaska and Rome trips even easier next year. Can't wait to go cruise again on the Viking fleet!!!

First Class All The Way

Viking Sky Cruise Review by Richbfish

Richbfish’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sky price drops

We upgraded to a 328 sq ft. cabin the week before cruise time. There was lots of storage and the cabin staff were great. Twice a day or more if you need it the staff is there to clean and redo the room. Clothes pressing was complimentary and there are washing machines and dryers on every floor for your use at no cost. This helps to reduce the amount of clothes you need to bring. Again I suggest you give your cabin staff a tip when leaving because they really try to make your day great with smiles all the time and a friendly good morning every day when leave for breakfast.