3. Norwegian Jade
We chose this cruise by the 4 of us collaborating on the places we like. We liked the cabins very much. Our steward, Alvin, was right on top of keeping us comfortable and he made an amazing towel animal every day. He let me keep one of them all week !!! The ship is very new and fresh after is makeover and the layout is very convenient to walk to all activities from our room. The service at the bars in the Out Back and around the pools were so busy at times we had to wait quite awhile sometimes. It would be nice to have extra bartenders available when it gets so busy. I did not see anyone taking drink orders among the guests so we had to wait at the bar. The entertainment on this cruise was just OK. We enjoyed the Western and the Cirque de Sole styled shows and Thomas John, but the rest were not up to the NCL we are used to. The food we had was super duper! I soooo miss the lobster tho !!!!!!!! We did the Teppanyaki and had fun but were disappointed that the chef next to us made elaborate origami things for his guests and ours did not. The food was really good tho. Cagnys was excellent as usual. Our dinner order went to the wrong table in the main dining room and we had to wait for our order to be prepared again causing us to miss the 7:30 show. The buffet was very good. Ate breakfast and lunch there every day. We got the free 3 specialty dinner and the ultimate drink free perk packages. We do not drink alot but we did enjoy the drink package that included soda. I would not have bought the drink package on its own because it is too expensive. But the free drinks perk, plus the drink package gratuity was fair. $14 @ day for 7 days of drinks. Drinks are mostly below $9@ so, score! I was surprised to see that the gift shop is no longer a "gift shop." In 2016 the gift shop had all kinds of souveniers, food, and fun stuff. This trip it was 90% high priced clothes, alcohol, cigarettes and jewelry. We want the fun stuff and reasonable priced items too. The shore excursions are rediculously expensive. Ive only booked them once on our first cruise in 2006. Once I found I could book by phone or online with the local providers I have used them since. For example in Cozomel we took the private jeep excursion where my husband drove him and me in a nice air conditioned jeep and followed our guide to all of the spots we wanted to see and do. It was about $79 pp. It was about $120 thru NCL. In Roatan we got a private tour again in an air conditioned van with guide for $25pp. The zipline was only $45, the semi submarine boat was $30, the beach club was $10 etc. NCL can do better. The music was way too loud in the Stardust theater and in the Spinnaker lounge. I guess its ok at hard rock concerts for the younger crowd but with such a large audience of middle age, seniors and children, I would prefer a more moderate, comfortable level of volume so the music can be enjoyed instead of tolerated. Since my Husband uses a walker, it was very nice to have the port and NCL personnel help and get us speedily thru embarkation and disembarkation and retrieving our luggage. We were really worried about the long lines. We did get the Cruise Next certificate for our next cruise. Such a great deal because the cruise prices have raised so much.

Two couples on a family cruise

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by Martib123

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

The food we had was super duper! I soooo miss the lobster tho !!!!!!!!

Martib123’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB 11022
We have always gotten the outside big window cabin and splurged on a balcony mini suite. It was very nice and we enjoyed the extra space. The only things we did not like was that the bathtub is so deep, it was hard for me (5'2") and my 6'2" (mobility challenged) to step into and out of it and the mattress was hard and uncomfortable. In past NCL cruises we have taken the mattresses were amazing!
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Chacchoben Mayan Ruins
    Tucan Tours is about 200 yards beyond the port gates. One of our group of 4 did not go and they gave me a refund for his fee right there! We boarded a new airconditioned van with 8 other passengers. They provided ice cold water for us and the driver bought pineapple slices for everyone ! He also took 3 of us to the beach and for some shopping in town after we returned to the port and unloaded the other passengers. The Chacchoben Mayan Ruins and amazing and you can climb them.
    View All 363 Chacchoben Mayan Ruins Reviews
  • Island Tour
    Private tour and guide. we made up our own itinerary and had a wonderful time with a zipline and a visit to the monkey park and tour of the island. They will take you anywhere you want for $25pp for 4 people. You pay for the things you want to do at each place. The zipline was $45pp, the sub glass bottom boat was $30, the monkey park was $10.
    View All 228 Island Tour Reviews
  • Ziplining
    We wanted a different zipline but they were closed so our tour guide took us there.
    Have never done a zipline before and we were all scared. I have to say that it wasn't an awful experience but I would not do it again LOL
    View All 169 Ziplining Reviews