• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Pcreedsmith
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Mar 2018
Cabin: Veranda Suite

We always choose our ship by ports. This cruise went to the Philippines, Borneo and Brunei were we had not been. Windstar went at a similar route for more ports for less money, but we prefer a veranda. I was surprised by the limited dining menu and also that the specialty restaurant was booked several weeks before departure. Two nights in a row I had fish that was not fresh. Thank heaven for the option of the room service menu on several evenings. Why would you choose excursions 3 days in a row to visit water villages? Brunei would have been more interesting if the river boat had gone 5 minutes further beyond the water village to view the worlds largest palace.

Having been on over 30 luxury cruises, we found this one to be very disorganized and often conflicting information. The embarkation and leaving the ship each day was more tedious than I have encountered in years. Given relatively calm seas, I thought that the ship was rocky.

Veranda Suite

Cabin V1

In order to charge camera or IPad the clock radio had to be unplugged. Too many cabinets and too few drawers and needs updated electrical outlets.

6 Helpful Votes