Mekong Navigator Cruise Review

Terrific View of a Different World

Mekong Navigator Cruise Review by EASTBROADOAKS

• Sail Date: Feb 2018
  • Destination: Asia River

Our travel group,not affiliated with Uniworld, consisted of 3 universities and Smithsonian Travel boarded the Mekong Navigator after our 3 day stay in HCMC. Since we would be 7 days on board, I was hoping for the best. It turned out that my expectations were greatly exceeded. The first good sign was the boat had very high end finishes. Immediately I found the Cambodian crew to be smiling and anxious to please, certainly a rarity today. Our precious butler, Samoun, was always looking after us like on the first tour day he delivered our forgotten tour radios before we disembarked. We were greeted every day from the dining room to the bar/loung with lovely attentive service.

Our creature comforts were well taken care of by a comfortable cabin, spacious bath and inviting outdoor & indoor seating areas. But the real outstanding feature of the boat was the fabulous food service. I happened on the director and the chef one day at the lunch buffet and told them the food quality was as good as our favorite Crystal Serenity. The director understood the praise but said his young Cambodian chef would not get the comparison.

If you are lucky enough to be able to visit this fascinating and authentic part of our world, I hope you have the privilege of being on this outstanding river cruise boat.

EASTBROADOAKS's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Cabin with veranda 311

It was a very nicely arranged compact space with a good bathroom. The beds were very comfortable and had crisp white sheets-my favorite

EASTBROADOAKS