3. Grandeur of the Seas
Food and food choices has gone down hill in the MDR. Ate there only two nights then switched to the Windjammer for the rest of the cruise. Service in the Diamond lounge was hit or miss. We would order drinks from the wait staff and sometimes we got them and sometimes we didn't. Had to reorder from someone else. Most of the headliner shows were good, but I've seen the never changing Royal shows so often now that they are a waste of time. The Solarium, I don't where to start. One day children had completely taken over the pool. I'm estimating they were in the 4 to 8 age range. More then once an adult would walk up to the pool to get in, look in, then walk away. I thought the Solarium was for adults. The life guard was right there and never said a word. Children in strollers were brought into the Solarium, again it's supposed to be adults only area and nothing was said. Chair hogs were out in full force. My wife and I always got up to the Solarium by 6 so it wasn't a problem for us, but by 7 no one else was going to get a chair. It looked like towel city. More then half the chairs were marked by towels and books with no people in them. You're supposed to only be able to do this for a half hour , but this was never enforced until the last day of the cruise. Why just the last day? To little to late.

My how things have changed, and not for the better.

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by Ddandb

Ddandb’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

Supposed to be a large interior cabin. I don't know how they measured this, but it felt smaller then the the regular rooms we usually get. The smaller rooms we got in the past always had a two seater couch in the room. This one just had a chair because there was no way the small couch would have fit.
After breakfast while we were docked at the second island, we went back to our room to get some money to go shopping when we got off only to find that the electric was off in our section of the ship. Our room was pitch black. I don't know if the safe would have worked or not, but it didn't matter because we couldn't see the numbers. Got off, but couldn't take a cab anywhere or go on an excursion or buy any souvenirs.
Only had hot water in the sink two of the twelve days sailing. Called maintenance, but it never got taken care of. The water temperature ranged from cold on the hot side to very cold on the cold side.
Last night of the cruise came back to our room to go to bed and were greeted by a horrible smell. It smelled familiar, but couldn't quite place it. The cabin steward was close by so called him into the room to see if he knew what it was. It was paint we were smelling. Wherever they were painting the smell was coming right into our room by way of the vent.
Fourteen cruises and never once had any of these problems.
  Grandeur of the Seas Deck Plans