• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

lognhaulslog
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2018
Cabin:

I chose this cruise from COSTCO as i trust Costco for most major purchases. My wife and I had been thinking about a cruise for some time. This cruise was visiting many countries we wanted to see; Shanghai, Hong kong, Japan, Vietnam, South Korea, Thailand and Singapore. Boarding was very time consuming, about 2 hours, long queues. After a day at sea I got a really bad sore throat like swallowing a razor, in the morning it was not too bad but by late afternoon I was taking 3 advils at a time for the pain, this lasted until we deboarded finally, a day later i was okay. went to their medical but they wanted 95 bucks just for initial consultation, so i just put up with it. i never found out the cause, it was not a virus. Their restaurants wanted 29 bucks a head for speciality dining, like a steak or something, which i thought was way over priced considering we paid for meals. I read somewhere else, someone saying their food quality was equivalent to Mall court food - this is a good assessment. Staff were friendly and helpful. getting off at the ports was time consuming, the first port was Hakata in Japan, lots of pshing and shoving by guests to get off, i had one british woman try to climb over me and my backpack in the queue. typical of british women. i’d say the guests were 60% Aussie/NZ, 25% UK, 10% Asian and 5% USA. Cabins were nice but very small, bathroom were a total squeeze.

Cabin had balcony

nice and clean and very new but limited space. beds were tiny. bathroom so small you could not dry off with towel in it.

Port Reviews

Shanghai

we were refused entry to china when boarding plane as china do not allow you to fly from beijin to shanghai, something we were not told. so, i’m standing at the flight gate trying to book another flight from vanvouver to shanghai direct- never again.....

Hong Kong

easy to get around by yourself

5 Helpful Votes