3. Navigator of the Seas
First let me say this was my first cruise so I didn't know what to expect. I am handicapped and rely on either a mobility scooter or a wheelchair with my wife pushing. Since this was my first cruise we opted for the wheelchair so that I could get off the ship in ports and enjoy the area a little. We stayed in room 7304 which is a handicapped accessible room so they say. From the very first time entering the room we knew there was going to be a problem There is a large lip that goes from the hallway into room. In order to get back out of the room I would have to stand up and have my wife assist me out into the hall then she would bring the chair out and then take me around the ship. We could not get the chair and me out of the room at the same time due to this lip. Also the room is not very roomy. It has a lot of unneeded furniture in it that limits your accessibility. You can not get your wheelchair out to the balcony without help from your partner. Another real problem came with entry ways thru out the ship. If you didn't hit them just right you will nearly be thrown out of your chair. The ramp leading out of the casino is one of the worst. First it is a down hill so you pick up a little speed then at the bottom where it goes back to carpet there is this big lip and again you are nearly thrown from your chair. There were several people on the cruise in wheelchairs that seemed to have the same issues as we did. So unless you have a mobility scooter or don't mind getting out of your chair at every doorway or transition then I recommend staying away from this ship. Another real issue is with the food. At their buffet called windjammers the food is always cold day and night and lacks flavor. When you complain they say well thats what you get when you try serving so many people. As for the main dinning room the first 2 nights of the cruise the food was excellent but as every day went by the food got worse and worse. We had breakfast on the 4th day and it too was cold and we had to continually ask for coffee or other items we needed. When we went to breakfast there might have been 50 people in the whole restaurant. For the number of servers we should have had better service than this Another real issue with this cruise. We went to Costa Maya and Cozumel. Costa Maya is not a bad port. It is pretty flat so being pushed around is not a big issue. It is a long walk from the ship into the port though so tell your traveling companion to bring good shoes. After checking out the port we thought about going into town. The problem with that is trying to find a handicapped cab. They are few and far between so we didn't risk getting into town and not being able to get a way back. The excursion we went on at Costa Maya was the Dolphin Encounter. It is handicapped accessible and is right in the port so its within walking distance. I recomment anyone that likes dolphins to do either of the dolphin excursions at this port. The picture package for all 12 pics encluding downloading on your phone is $70. As for Cozumel. It is definetly not a handicapped friendly place. First royal carrebian parks at the International pier. Here again it is a pretty decent walk in to the port. Once in the port you can not get around easily with a wheelchair. Everything is on a hill or a slant making it almost impossible to get around. You can get to a few cheap jewlery stores and when I say cheap I mean expensive junk. Other than than the rest of the port is unaccessible to the average handicapped person. We did find our way thru the port to the exit to town and went on an excursion. It is the only one on the entire cruise that says it is handicapped friendly. Well if you can't climb into a van then its not handicapped friendly. You must climb into a van then they pick up the wheelchairs and load them in beside you. The excursion was See Mexico. It was an ok tour. Nothing to write home about. A few steep ramps and very rough sidewalks to go thru.

Navigator of the Sea is not handicapped friendly

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by papaber44641

papaber44641’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

HORRIBLE. If you are handicapped and confined to a wheelchair stay away from these type rooms on the Navigator of the Sea. There were several handicapped people on board using wheelchairs and they all said the same thing you have to get out of your chair and walk outside to get the chair out of the room because of the large lip at the door way.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans

• Dolphin Swim
    Wife did this excursion since I am handicapped and couldn't do it. The cruise line made me pay for it up front for me even though I was unable to do it but wanted to go watch my wife. The guy at the excursion said no that if I wasn't participating that there was no fee. He returned my ticket to the ship and I was reimbursed. My wife though had a wonderful time and really enjoyed herself.
    View All 34 Dolphin Swim Reviews
  • Cozumel
    Hard to get to excursion because of hills and slants in the port with a wheelchair. Then you must be able to climb into a van in order to do the excursion because they don't have any lift vans for the handicapped. The tour itself had a couple steep ramps and the ground was very rough. The information was interesting.
    View All 12,961 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews