3. Sun Princess
We recently cruised around New Zealand to and from Sydney. Unfortunately, the remant of cyclonic activity made the outbound crossing uncomfortable in parts and some (inlcuding myself) suffered sea sickness. A late night visit to the very caring and capable medical officer resulted in an injection and follow up medications and I was fine, if a little tired, the next day. Initially, I was very worried due to the proximity of our cabin (Baja 634) to the stairwell and lift area. However, these fears were unfounded. The cabin was so well soundproofed that once our door was shut, we might have well been the only people on board. At first, I was disspointed with the size of the cabin and it is a little dated and showing wear and tear but, that only last a few minutes and once I saw the huge availability of storage space, I was more than satisfied. Our cabin assistant could not have been more accommodating, picking up on our peculiarities / needs and never had to be reminded of any request. We took advantage of the free room service to order tea / coffee first thing on waking and before retiring, as well as other times. Eating most of our meals in the buffet, as we prefer casual dining, we were most content with the quality and options available. A small criticism might be that the food could have been hotter, but that was a very minor issue. The Captain's announcement at midday were interesting and it was pleasing to see that almost everybody stopped for five minutes or so to afford him respect and pay attention. Unfortunately, the airconditioning in the Legends Bar and Vista Lounge made them uncomfortable for me and we limited our attendance at these locations. We enjoyed the nightly entertainment and partook in activities such as the Pop Choir. Excursions were interesting and well organised. Having cruised on five different lines, I would consider Princess now my favourite and I will seek out further opportunities to travel with this line in preference to others. Well done to all the crew at all levels of service!

Just Wonderful - When Can I Sail Again?

Sun Princess Cruise Review by Bubbeh

Well done to all the crew at all levels of service!
Bubbeh’s Full Rating Summary