• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Jayoh
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2018
Cabin: Penthouse Suite with Verandah

I was interested to see if the hype around the recent dry dock was justified, it was not. Sure the new penthouses are impressive, our request for one of the new penthouse suites prior to the cruise went unanswered by Crystal, yet on the open day there was one available for viewing, very annoying. However, the existing penthouse suite allocated was very comfortable, if a little dated, for my mother and sister.

My other sister and myself were on deck five and personally I think these are great value for money, they are the same size as the much more expensive staterooms and missing a balcony isn't an issue, for me anyway. There are only a small number of these, tucked away behind reception, very private and quiet, yet very handy to MDR and one of the bars, also located on deck five.

But getting back to the renovations, the new large smart TV's in every stateroom are great, with a huge variety of on demand movies, but where the old tv was there's now an ugly and unfinished "hole", they could have tidied that up way better.

Penthouse Suite with Verandah

Cabin PS

Showing it's age but big, comfortable and very well appointed. Victor the butler was excellent and we used him way more than we thought we would.

6 Helpful Votes