3. Carnival Victory
I choose this cruise based on locality and timing along with the fact that the ship had just been refit. Positives: “ I Made” was our cabin steward. He gets 6 stars o f 5! I would request his floor if at all possible. Our room was nice and had plenty of closet space and storage. Room 8207 on the Veranda. However our mini frig did not work. The bathroom was ample with a nice size shower. Main dining room food was excellent but Lido Buffet for breakfast was disgusting. Skip it unless you opt for the made to order omlettes at the side window( I did not try as lines were too long but was told by the restaurant manager that they use fresh eggs in the made to order line as opposed to the powdered eggs in the buffet) Brunch in the main dining room was top notch. WE only went to one show which was hilarious-The Love and Marrage Show! Must See! We spent most of our time on the Serenity deck as it was quiet. The furniture and sun beds look new up there and if you can grab a covered cabana like we did for a few hours, even better! we had a balcony and really enjoyed it. It’s worth the extra money. We also did faster to the fun pass. That is also worth the money! No waiting in line. We were on board and in our room by 11:40. Our board time assigned to us was 11:30! That gave us a who 1/2 day to explore and enjoy the ship before the masses arrived. Key West was a short stop and I go there often so I did not get off there in port but there is a free shuttle that takes you to Duvall Street and back. I recommend taking advantage of that. They do not tell you about this shuttle! My husband was going to walk to Duvall St. and was presently surprised by the shuttle/ trolley when he got off the ship. In Cozumel we rented a Jeep and explored the island on our own. We even found an excellent place to snorkel near a park but had the place to ourselves. The Jeep was only $92.00 with insurance through Thrifty. It was well worth it. We also ate at Coconuts which has an amazing view. The food was good and atmosphere fun. We did a little shopping and found of course the better deals were off the tourist path. There have been some terrorist activities in Playa De Carmen so tours to there were cancelled by Carnival. Cozumel is safe! It’s an island. I would feel comfortable staying there an extended period. All in all the Victory is a good value if you know the pros and cons ahead of time. Who doesn’t even fun on a cruise?

Great starter cruise-skip Lido buffet

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by attyhollar@msn.com

attyhollar@msn.com’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Victory price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8D 8207
Updated and plenty of closet space and storage. Beds and linens were comfortable. Cabin was clean and room steward awesome! Mini frig did not work. Balcony was ample size and a much appreciated amenity
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins