3. Norwegian Getaway
My wife and I took this cruise for our honeymoon. I had been on this ship before but she had never been on a ship this large. I have cruised NCL almost exclusively (Gold Latitudes member) and have always been true to the company. Le Bistro is a huge part of that as is the freestyle dining and the Vibe. Positives: - There are so many dining and bar options that the variety is a huge draw. Italian, French, Asian, Seafood, whatever you want. - The Vibe area is a huge draw to escape the children and craziness of the main deck - The ship is beautiful and well maintained - The officers were very friendly and helpful - The cabin was spacious and clean (more below) - The Cirque Steam show was very cool Cons: - First and foremost, NCL pushes the value of their unlimited drink package. They have done this to draw people in but have evidently decided that if they cannot reduce demand for drinks, they will limit the supply. It took a half hour sometimes to get a drink. They would put one bartender at a bar where huge crowds gather (Sunset bar, Mojitos, etc). This was terribly frustrating. - The Vibe Ticket experience is terrible. It was like Black Friday at Walmart with people running ahead of each other and trying to crowd in front. This was an ugly and stressful way to start the trip. NCL - there is an opportunity here. People obviously want some quiet and non-kid areas. Improve the process and expand. I would pay 3x the amount to have pre-bought passes and a larger non kid area. - Restaurant Service was consistently bad. We spoke with Herman and Camille and they handled it somewhat but there were multiple tables completely frustrated with the situation. I noticed this on the last Getaway trip as well. Something needs to be done about it. - Cirque & Steam was cool but the food was not great and took forever. How about a drinks/appetizer option? - Let's talk about Manni. I get it, some people LOVE him, we did NOT. To make matters worse, he was ridiculously loud and, even though we wanted to hang out at Mojitos, we could not because it was so overly loud. Even when we sat on the patio at Le Bistro we were subjected to his crooning. Mojitos is not a nightclub, it is a lounge. There is a difference. - The seafood restaurant (which is yet another upcharge) was no bueno. Fish was dry, service was abysmal and we left very disappointed. Given the trajectory that my last couple of trips (both on the Getaway) have taken, it looks like it is time for a change. For the first time in 10 years, we are booking on another cruise line. NCL seems to be degrading and becoming more like Carnival every year.

A Fairly Forgettable Cruise

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by az_diver

• Sail Date: February 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Large Balcony Stateroom

Positives:

- The ship is beautiful and well maintained

- The officers were very friendly and helpful

- The cabin was spacious and clean (more below)

- The Cirque Steam show was very cool

Cons:

az_diver’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Large Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B6 9728
The room was a good size but the large balcony was disappointing. The balconies above you stare straight down onto your balcony so be prepared to be on display. The cabin attendant was one of the least attentive people who I have ever had on a cruise. The location was good and the closet space was good.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins