3. Silver Galapagos
We chose this cruise because a travel agent friend informed us about it, and the cruise was made more special because we traveled with 8 other friends from our home town. It truly was a wonderful, once-in-a-lifetime experience, but more physically challenging than I anticipated. My only complaint, is that the DVD I bought on the ship, of photos and video taken by a professional photographer, didn't work on any DVD player, only a laptop. Major bummer. Also, the naturalists on board were all local, and very knowledgeable and committed to the Galapagos, but their English pronunciation was quite difficult to understand. Only two of the staff spoke understandable English. That said, I can't speak highly enough about how kind, professional, thoughtful and responsive the wait staff was. Also, the pianist on board was terrific- great entertainment! I just wish there was some room for dancing to his excellent music.

Terrific experience, awesome staff, wonderful amenities and food

Silver Galapagos Cruise Review by Rose Marie Garcia Fontana

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite

Also, the pianist on board was terrific- great entertainment!

I just wish there was some room for dancing to his excellent music.
Rose Marie Garcia Fontana’s Full Rating Summary
Get Silversea Silver Galapagos price drops

Veranda Suite
Cabin VR 424
Our butler and his assistant were over the top wonderful. The cabin was a bit cramped compared to Crystal and Oceania, but the smaller ship and fewer passengers made for a great, more personal experience.
Deck 5 Suite Cabins