Marco Polo Cruise Review

A Spring Break on MS Marco Polo (CMV) was a Hit!

Marco Polo Cruise Review by Buoyancyboy

• Sail Date: Apr 2014
  • Destination: the British Isles & Western Europe

We chose this because were desperate for a post winter break. We have been the Marco Polo several times.It's not huge but comfortable and easy to find your way around. I love bigger ships because of having more to explore which is good for sea days, and because the entertainment in theatre can be bigger and better than on restricted stage size and restricted height on ships like Marco Polo but having said that the customers loved the entertainment. I have found that food standards on board any ships (including MP) we have been on in the last few years has gone down a bit sadly. Maybe we shoud try NCL again.

I videod the shots of this trip if its allowed to share it. Copy-paste this link or search Terry McGeary on YouTube.

There was one port we couldn't do due to weather but I forget which one, sorry.The channel hop took in Cherbourg which was a good little break for having a walk around a nice little French port The weather being Easter time was not shorts weather but was dry and cloudly and reasonable for getting about.

Honfleur was another stop which I loved andhave been again since then, It is a beautiful, historic town/port with the most picturesque, protected harbour you good imagine. You can easily run out of memory card space in Honfleur!

The other stop was The Isles of Scilly, St Mary's. This tender stop was a super one where, as with the others, we just did our own thing and took in a walk to archaeological ruins, daffodil fields (a speciality of St.Marys), botanic gardens and had a massive Cornish pasty to split for lunch! It's another place I would visit again -and might this Easter!

Buoyancyboy's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Standard outside. ?

Standard twin cabin with porthole window deck 5 (I think). Fine, adequate space, no problem.

Buoyancyboy