3. Viking Modi
We sailed from Amsterdam to Budapest on the Viking Modi. I had always wanted to see the castles along the rivers, and this cruise gave me that opportunity. We booked this trip to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary in style. The Modi had all the amenities we needed, and the staff gave us excellent service. We enjoyed the dining experience and the quality of the food and wine we were served. We had the opportunity to explore many old and historic cities of central Europe, and saw enough cathedrals and castles to last a lifetime! We explored our departure city, Amsterdam, for several days prior to the cruise and loved the city and its people. We also stayed extra days in Budapest, which is a fascinating city. Our next cruise will encompass a different part of Europe, probably Scandinavia, since my wife has expressed an interest in the northern part of the continent.

This journey was on my bucket list

Viking Modi Cruise Review by davidbruder

• Sail Date: October 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite
davidbruder’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Modi price drops

Veranda Suite
Cabin AA
The cabin was cozy, as you would expect. We were disappointed that Viking double-docked ships, which meant that our balcony was directly (a few feet) across from that of another Viking ship's passenger's balcony, giving us no view.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins