3. Silver Galapagos
Our family had been talking about going to the Galapagos for years and we had identified Silversea as a great option to make it a reality. The ship was well maintained and comfortable, the food excellent, the view magnificent and last but far from least, the staff was wonderful. I think that the fact the staff is all local, brings and incredible richness to the experience. All were kind, professional, competent or beyond (which was not my experience of all restaurant and hotel staff in Quito and Guayaquil). They are excellent windows into this magnificent place - from the naturalists to the waiters. Every night at 7pm, we had a meeting during which we were clearly briefed about the plans for the next day, in order to properly prepare and be dressed adequately. There was a lot to do and I went to most excursions. The one to the beach with thousands of Iguanas, was my favorite. Snorkling was also fantastic and the equipment very adequate, though I would suggest to everyone to bring a long-sleeve swim shirt to put under the wet-suit, as the sun is so strong that no amount of water-proof sunscreen will be enough. Also, day uniform is really long-sleeve shirt and ling pants with a good hat. At night, though to my surprise, it was warm and so I could have used having 2-3 nice summer dresses, which I did not think to bring. But above all, this trip was really chicken soup for the soul. I am not a calm and contemplative person by nature, but the surroundings really made me happy to just sit and contemplate and be in the moment... no past, no future just there and happy... that is priceless. If I had to improve on something, would be to offer more than 1 Jacuzzi, located in the shade, not in direct sun and with pool-temperature water. The Jacuzzi was unbearably hot and being in the direct sunlight, made it impossible to be used at length. Also the wine could have been slightly better at times.

I expected amazement but we got more than that

Silver Galapagos Cruise Review by Lola58