3. Regal Princess
Celebrating sister's 50th wedding anniversary. We stayed the night before at the Hampton Inn Cruise Port North. Very close to the ship with free airport pick-up, breakfast, and shuttle service to Port Everglades. Embarkation on the Regal Princess was fast, easy, and the new port decorations made a beautiful photo op. We were on Riviera Deck Mini suite 518. As always, the room was great, balcony smaller than I remembered from our last Regal cruise in 2015 but we adapt. We went to the dining room for lunch. Our first stop the next day was at Princess Cays. We had reserved the clam shells and water bike. The tender was quick and easy and it was a beautiful day at the beach. Princess served a great lunch on the beach and of course bar drinks were available. I would recommend renting the clam shell as the sun is very strong unless you are in the water to cool off. The restrooms were clean and there were plenty of covered picnic tables for lunch. We did not book any excursions in Jamaica but the shopping in the port was great. Grand Cayman we booked the Trolley Roger Train Tour. Unfortunately, all the excursions in Cozumel that required a ferry ride were cancelled due to the travel advisory and explosion on the ferry. I was pleasantly surprised that all the ports had good shopping areas right at the ports. St Thomas and St. Maarten are still recovering from the hurricane and many hotels and businesses are still closed and in ruins. We did a private taxi tour on St. Maarten and our guide was knowledgeable and we saw a lot of both sides of the island. We stopped at the beach near the airport and had lunch. Our guide took us to an area where the locals had set up stalls to sell their goods. The entertainment on the Regal was great. Carlos Oscar the comedian was there for two nights. We saw him last year and he is so funny while still keeping it G rated. Don't miss him. The Cruise Director and staff were some of the best we have encountered. We opted for anytime dining and if you do not make reservations you can expect a wait just like in any land restaurant. Alfredo's was wonderful, especially the Sangria. The new menu at Sabatini's was awesome. Some CC complaints had me concerned but as you know, food is subjective. Being Italian, we all enjoyed the menu and have no complaints. I was not totally happy with the Crown Grill however. We did experience quite a bit of movement and vibration on the ship. I was surprised because we took the Regal across the Atlantic and it was smooth as glass and we felt no motion at all. Princess entertainment all over the ship was wonderful this trip. The only complaint we had was the Dune Buggy Heritage Adventure Tour on Princess Cays the second round. It was not at all what the description said, the dune buggies were dirty and in disrepair, the road was deeply rutted and huge holes and rocks making it dangerous and not at all fun. One of the riders actually overturned. Fortunatley she was not seriously injured that we know of. The tour "\guide" went way too fast and basically did not care whether we kept up or even were still following him. I told him he was going too fast but he did not change. I think he just wanted to get it over with. Several people, including us got severely bit by the "no see ums". If you do choose this excursion be sure to bring bug spray and where closed toe shoes. I would not recommend this tour. Princess needs to enforce their dress code in the dining room. Shorts, flip flops, hats, and bluejeans are unacceptable especially on formal nights. All in all, we still had a great time and Princess is still our choice for cruising.

East/West Caribbean

Catherine Claus’s Full Rating Summary
Get Regal Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB R518
The cabin was as expected. Very roomy, clean, plenty of closet space. The balcony is extremely small and hardly has room for the two chairs. The location was better than I expected. We always pick cabins that have cabins above and below us to avoid the noise.
Our steward was friendly and we always had clean towels and ice as we requested.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins