3. Oasis of the Seas
Second time on Oasis, fourth overall time cruising with RC. I was a loyal customer to RC, first two times cruising were on Freedom Class ships. Went on Oasis 2 years ago and had a blast, just back from Oasis, not pleased. So I'm going to jump around I'm sure while I type this out so I apologize. Lets begin with our first stop, the beautiful RC resort of Labadee. We never got off. Unfortunately, last minute the captain came over and said we were not going to be docking due to the waves coming over the pier right where its about to connect to land. We were no more than 25-30 feet away from the pier and ready to dock. I got up early to watch and was able to see the waves going over the pier, yes they were splashing over but it was not terrible. The forecast was for a sunny day. My complaint is, there was no waiting a little bit to see if things got better. I say this because the wind was dying down and the sun was supposed to come out. We just pulled back out and left, no explanation from the captain that the weather forecast was not favorable for the waves to die down in the near future. Just backed out of the port and left. Good news was we were going to get into Falmouth two hours early. Great, right? Wrong. We booked an excursion and due to the meeting time, would not have enough time to explore. You'd think since were going earlier, our excursion would be earlier right? Wrong. Prior to the new arrival time, we had accepted that exploring outside of the excursion time frame was not feasible. But with the new arrival time, we were initially excited but in the long end of it, didn't mean anything to people who booked excursions. We did the Dunns river falls and bamboo beach club excursion. yes it was neat to see the falls but you spend 1/4 of the day standing/sitting around waiting and a 1/4 of the day driving (that's understandable). Also to the two older Danish women who were on my bus and i hope read this, thanks for wasting 45 minutes of everyone's time trying on 10 pairs of water shoes, we should have left you on that island. FUN FACT: I was told from multiple people that Disney and RC were going to stop going to Falmouth and ending their contract or however they do it. Why? The island is supposedly dangerous (haha) and the people are very pushy. But due to the recent hurricanes and destruction of other ports, RC was "forced" to sign another two year contract. The last stop was Cozumel, which the captain said would be partly sunny. So we booked a last minute beach excursion because we missed the beach time at Labadee. It poured ALL DAY. So the frustration was high. Side note, if you do a beach excursion that includes alcohol, be weary of the bottom shelf tequila your served. You may find yourself basking in the sea enjoying your down pouring cloudy day, to gargling sea water and dying on your beach chair. (gotta make light of this all right?) Great i think that covers the ports. NEXT! RC i think cut out a lot of daily at sea activities compared to my time on Oasis two years ago. Which i have no idea why. But what they do have now for activities is still pretty good. Booked the comedy show for an at sea day online well before the cruise date because its impossible to get in if you don't. Well for some reason it never showed up when we got onto the ship. Went to guest services and they couldn't do anything because the shows now, were all booked. Very frustrating. Anyone going on this ship in the very near future, look at the air intake vent right above your cabin door inside the room. Use your flashlight on your phone so you can see inside the vent. Yes you will be breathing that all in on your trip. For those wondering, it was caked in dust and god only knows what else. It was absolutely disgusting. I don't blame the stateroom attendant because its clearly a HVAC persons job since then vent cover has screws that need to be undone to clean inside of it. That's definitely not the state room attendants job. Room was cleaned at least twice a day and have no complaints there, she did a great job. Dining room was great and staff were fantastic. Food was great in there. Windjammer cafe, well its buffet food, it was as good as buffet food will ever be. Bars were great but service on the pool decks was very slow, but then again those were at sea days and the weather was great so there was a lot of people on the decks getting lost in the sauce. Staff in general were great but did occasionally find a bartender who seemed grumpy, but with that many guests, I'm sure they had their fair share of impossible to please guests. If you decide to hang out in the the Solarium on one of those fantastic looking lounge chairs. Just be weary and double check them before you commit to that one. Many are old and sagging a lot, or even torn. Found myself on more than one occasion having to move because I was laying on top of the aluminum supports underneath the fabric. Not comfortable for a day you planned on relaxing. But last complaint for anyone who may not have noticed. The points on cruises from their older benefits tiers have changed. I have cruised 34 days in total and am somehow short one point to the next level above gold. I called RC and after a brief conversation consisting in short of me being told to pound sand, I still am a gold member, remember people I have cruised 34 days with them and am still in the first level. If i book another cruise with them, do i get to reap the benefits of the next tier after day one of my cruise? NOPE! I do not get to enjoy anything until the cruise after. For those of you who had made it this far reading the review, no I do not live close enough to a port to do a quick 3 day cruise with RC. All in all, it will be a very long time till I sail with RC again, if at all. Princess cruise lines, your up next, I've heard great things.

Not sure if this was just a bad cruise or RC has gone downhill.

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by clsmooth

NEXT!

clsmooth’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

see above review, cabin was clean regularly by the attendant but don't look into the air intake vent inside your room above the door.
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans