Traveling as a young couple in our late 20's with no children the Nooradam had an interesting mix of people onboard. In general we love the cruise, and enjoyed the attentive & friendly staff. Since it was a Holiday Christmas cruise every public space had a Christmas tree decorated, holiday cookies in the dinning rooms, carolers and even Santa came to visit for the kids! :) Population Mix for our trip: I have to say approximately 70% of the people were singles/couples between the ages of 55-85, Couples/Familys age 30-45 & children ages 7-16 were approx 20% and finally young couples like us were very rare. The only ones we saw/met were honeymooners. OnBoard & First Day: We flew the day of (it was smooth traveling but stressful & probably wont fly day of again) and arrived in FLL airport at about 12noon, we took a cab to the port (about 2 miles) which cost $18 total for both of us. We had no wait, and literally walked through each check-in area, which took about 10-15 min maybe at most? had our picture taken, ID card given, and headed straight to Lido Deck for some lunch. Ship was due to sail at 5pm (all aboard 4pm). We originally booked an inside room (I think N or M?) as "GUAR" (meaning no assigned room #) since it was cheaper. On our first day upon checkin, we got bumped-up to an obstructed view outside cabin GG... much larger & nicer than our original room. I was so Exciting! Located in the middle of the ship on deck 4 which worked out wonderfully. Even though it was obstructed by the lifeboats, it had floor to ceiling windows looking out over the lifeboat/water, the good part was it was the kind of lifeboat they used to transport passengers to and from Halfmoon Cay... so it had windows on it which you could then look through & see the water. Also on Grand Turk & HalfMoon Cay they were lowered and removed either for drills or transportation... so we had a full floor to ceiling view of the islands! I will always book middle of the ship from now on it was Great!! The only downside was, since we were upgraded, we didnt receive our luggage until about 3-4pm, also we got the other couples luggage but they came by to get it...since they figured it must have been sent to their old room # (now ours) oh and they got bumped-up to a balcony! Cabin: Larger than I expected, with 3 floor to ceiling closets, vanity/makeup area, hairdryer, fridge, robes, flat screen tv, dvd player, free roomservice, small table & couch. Everything an upscale hotel would have. Located deck 4 midship, it was just steps to the elevator. The room was quiet, but you could hear the faint sound of music... but i had no trouble & I'm a light sleeper. Daily Activities: They had 3-4 categories, Culinary arts focused (wine tasting, mixology, cooking sessions), Daily Events (Exercise, yoga, ping pong challenge, belly flop, and Trivia with prizes), Technology information sessions (how to send pictures, setup website, make videos), Spa related, or the Evening Show. Food: Lots of options, but we liked Lido deck with its typical buffet style dinning, although it was difficult to find seating, the waitstaff was lighting fast in turning the tables for the next person. The food was very good. Vista Dining room was more upscale typical fine dinning restaurant. We went to lunch at Lido and dinner at Vista every day and loved it. We opted out of the Pinnacle Grill due to the cost,and we wanted something more relaxed. Vista Dinning room also had afternoon tea around 3-4, which had the best desserts on the ship! Ports: Grand Turk, San Juan, St.Thomas, Half Moon Cay Grand Turk, was still destroyed from the Hurricane, so the only really nice area was the small shopping area & Margarita-ville directly off the ship. Also we choose Governors beach to swim & snorkle, the water is crystal clear even though It rained the day we were there. The people are very nice & I felt safe. I would not visit again only due to destruction & lack of things to do. San Juan, 4 cruise ships were in dock the same day. It was a beautiful sunny day, we took the free trolley around old San Juan and visited the old forts. Great Day! Although vendors product pushers were directly off the ship the Police were everywhere to keep things in order. I would visit again & maybe go further inland to rain forest or beaches (with a group of people) St.Thomas, Beautiful! we went shopping, and took a local tour around the island. The landscape is just breathtaking! Would come here every trip :) HalfMoon Cay, cute small island, their developing it nicely. Its strictly a beach day, so not much else to do besides swimming and watersports. They have a great Free BBQ. The water is a beautiful teal color but not clear enough to snorkel. Overall I loved the trip, will definitely cruise again... but I might choose another ship with a slightly younger crowed :)

Christmas at Sea

Noordam Cruise Review by lttlmsm

• Sail Date: December 2009
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)
Ports: Grand Turk, San Juan, St.Thomas, Half Moon Cay