Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review
1,650 Reviews

The most beautiful place I have been to

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by kingfish45

• Sail Date: Feb 2018
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Sky Suite 2

First of all, for the folks on the Jan. Cruise. I get it. I would have been disappointed as well. But I can only speak of the Feb Cruise. We were warned in advance to the propulsion problems. It had virtually no affect on the cruise. Top speed was 20 mph and we got everywhere on time. As smooth as any cruise I have been on. Were told in advance that we would get a refund for Puerto Madryn and I personally would rather have the money than the port.

This was a 50th anniversary cruise for us and yes we were the fools on stage during the marriage game (the one that involved a lime)

The ship-Yes it's old and does not have all the bells and whistles. Nothing that affected my enjoyment. It was clean and the entire staff was Great.

Embarkation in Buenos Aires-crowded as usual, but we were onboard in about 45 minutes.

Entertainment-about standard for cruise ships. Nothing bad and nothing exceptional. Good but I would probably not pay to see any of them. We did not go to any of the productions because we saw them on on a previous cruise. We had seen some of the individual acts before also

Food-Excellemt. We ate almost every meal in the Luminae. Food was good and different menu every night. Hats off to the entire staff. Too many to name but they were all fantastic.

Ushuaia-took an excursion to the National park. Had to ride a bus on a gravel road and by luck, we had to sit just over the back axel. Very rough ride. Some nice stops but I was expection more. Wish we would have had more time in the town. I would probably do something different if I every went back.

Cape Horn-Unbelievably smooth waters. Now I have been there.

Antartica-Words or pictures cannot describe it. Not as cold as I had thought and we overpacked. Spent quite a bit of time there doing 360's

Falkland Islands-went to the sheep farm. Glad to see some of the countryside. The entire island only has 2100 people. Had plenty of time to walk around. There is a shuttle to Gypsy cove that we also took to see penguins. $20

Montevideo-Took a city tour that my travel agent provided. Nice city. Safe and you can walk from one end to the other. There is a market just off the ship that I would recommend walking to

Internet-horrible. Very slow and kicked me off regularly. Worked somewhat better in public places. And to be honest it worked better on last cruise when I stayed on 9th deck.

Enrichment programs-Probably the best I have experienced.

Disembarkation-Just picked up bags and walked out. We stayed another day so we went to the Sheraton. Outside was a madhouse of people soliciting cabs. Choose Uber or walk across street to get best prices. Or take $28 shuttle from ship to airport

Uber-works well in Buenos Aires and I would recommend it if you have access to the internet. $25 total for the two of us from Sheraton to airport.

Once in a lifetime trip and probably won't go again but I would highly recommend it.

kingfish45's Full Rating Summary

Sky Suite 2
Cabin S2 6120

Clean. Nice view. There was minor obstruction but didn' t affect view much. Somewhat larger and had a tub. Cabin steward (Fevron) and butler (I Made) did an excellent job. Took this cabin mainly so that we could eat at luminae.

Tierra del Fuego National Park

Somewhat disappointed. Long bus ride on unsaved road. We had the luck of sitting over the axle

View All 94 Tierra del Fuego National Park Reviews

Toured on our own before cruise. I would recommend doing that if possible. Went to Gaucho ranch,Tango show,city tour,Recoletta cemetery as well as on our own. Also went to opera house.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Long Island Farm

Enjoyed the trip out into the country. Got to see somewhat the way of life for rural families. Also took the $20 shuttle to Gypsy cove to see the penguins.

View All 1 Long Island Farm Reviews
City Tour

Good way to see an overview of town. Also included a visit to a tango show. Enjoyable. We were tired and ready to go home, so we didn't walk to the Mercado that is just outside the port.

View All 62 City Tour Reviews