3. Norwegian Gem
We chose this cruise as it departed from New York (so we didn't have to fly), and the cost of it was quite reasonable (compared to a 10 day cruise on another cruise line). We had sailed on the Breakaway a year ago with our kids, but this time we sailed alone. The Gem is a smaller ship, so it doesn't have as many amenities, but if you are looking for a quieter vacation, with less children around, this is probably a good choice. Our room was amazing (we upgraded to a 2-bedroom suite) and the service couldn't have been better. The restaurant choices are great, and I really recommend getting a meal package. We went and used the spa services a few times (in the Mandara spa), and it was very relaxing. We aren't much for big productions, but we did go see the hypnotist, and he was okay. I spent some time in the casino, and the only negative thing I would say (apart from losing money!) is that they allow smoking in it. Unfortunately, the Gem doesn't have an outdoor restaurant, like on the Breakaway, and the one bar that they do have on the 13th floor is for smokers, so that was a little disappointing. Overall though, this was a great cruise (even with 2.5 days of 20 ft waves), and I would not hesitate recommending it.

Norweigan Gem - 10 Day Eastern Caribbeann- February 24, 2018

tcarlton’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Gem price drops

Family Penthouse with Balcony
Cabin SC 11506
The Cabin was amazing. We upgraded to the family penthouse from a one-bedroom suite, and it was definitely worth it. The bathroom was to die for (tub and shower!) and the butler and concierge service were a definite plus. Lots of room (probably too much!) but for 10 days it was definitely nice to have the extra space.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins