3. Carnival Miracle
Let me start by saying we are Carnival Platinum and have taken MANY cruises and are loyal to this brand. This was NOT a good experience. If this is NOT your first cruise read on... Let's start with the ship itself. The Miracle is a smaller ship with only one dining room and an awkward layout. Although there are some 2.0 upgrades, many features that we enjoy like Guy's Burger Joint, The Blue Iguana, and the twister slides are not there. Being frequent cruisers, we were hoping that since this was a smaller ship they would make up for that fact by adding some new activities or entertainment on board and this was NOT the case! There was very little to do on sea days and the embarkation from Port of Tampa seemed disorganized. As a matter of fact, this seemed like a practice run compared to the other Carnival cruises we have taken. Cabin: We had an interior which is usually okay for the 3 of us, but to have my 19 year old on an upper bunk was a bit cumbersome to say the least. The room had a really weird musty smell and the carpet and vanity seat was badly stained. The usually amenities like a bathrobe and laundry bags had to be requested. They have also switched to asking if you want your room made up both day and night, whereas this used to happen automatically. Also, for some strange reason things we used were not replaced-water glasses, beach towels, or soap. Our bed was made but my daughter's was not on several occasions Service: Dining room service was bleak. We waited 15 minutes at the Sea Day brunch to even get coffee. The waiter that came over said our waiter was in the galley, but he would try to get us served instead.A simple breakfast took about 45 minutes to arrive. The portions are now minuscule and some of the times our dinner was cold. The wait staff at dinner was always slow and they seemed miffed that my husband had to get up and get his own water that was sitting on a pedestal for at least 15 minutes. Salad bar has been scaled down a lot and buffet was not very tasty. One night I ordered mussels as an appetizer, and of the 6 microscopic mussels that came out, 2 were empty shells! Does anyone even look at the food? A bright spot was the Pizza Pirate, where you could get a fresh pizza made to order. The steakhouse (Nick and Nora's) was excellent, and worth the $35 cover per person, though I wished they would have asked before serving us a few bottles of San Pellegrino which there was obviously a cost for. Around the ship service was not much better, no smiles and hellos like there used to be from staff. I had an early spa appointment on one morning and went I went up the front doors to spa were closed and when someone showed up to open them, it was the acupuncture guy who couldn't find my appointment for a while. Laundry also took a few days to be returned at the beginning of the cruise, and came back with a really weird smell. Entertainment: We went to a few shows and they are sorely lacking in this area. There is no "set" for the productions, there were only about 6 dancers, and there was no other types of entertainment. C'mon Carnival, look at the options on Royal and NCL. There was NO theater or any fun activities except for the tired old "hairy chest" and "Love and Marriage Game". I will admit though, Hasbro the Game Show was fun and they need more things like that. If you cruise frequently, you want something a little more exciting than Bingo and Trivia! Shore Excursions: Booked a few of these ahead of time and would recommend 12 meter sailing in Cozumel and Jolly Roger catamaran in Roatan. Shore excursions are always decent, though a bit pricey. Platinum Perks: We were supposed to have priority seating for dinner, but that never happened and were told we would have to see the maitre'd. He was not very polite and informed us that although we are Platinum and it says we have priority, there were other people who booked the cruise before us so we would have to stick with our late dining. This caused us to miss a few of the activities that we actually wanted to do. Laundry also took a very long time (3 days) to be returned and they never gave us new bags with repeatedly asking, even though that is a perk of being Platinum. The gift this time was a set of headphones which were okay I guess. Conclusion: I called their Customer service line to voice my complaints and was told that my concerns would be "shared internally" (whatever that means) and that it would help with future guest services. Barely a "sorry" and NO offers to make it right. For this reason, this will most likely be our last Carnival cruise. I know this was long but I hope it helps someone!

Cutting costs really show!

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by wishiwasinfl

Cabin:

Service:

Entertainment:

Shore Excursions:

Platinum Perks:

Conclusion:

I know this was long but I hope it helps someone!
wishiwasinfl’s Full Rating Summary