3. Crown Princess
I had taken Princess 15 years prior (Sea Princess) to this most recent cruise on the Crown Princess. I was stunned by how much Princess has slipped in service, food, and experience since then. I made a list of the positives and negatives of our experience, I'll share them below. Negative * We had asked for some items to be in the room ahead of time that were not there and required multiple calls to resolve; distilled water (for medical device), extra pillows, and no feather pillows. * Believe it or not, there was no top sheet on our bed. We had to request one (took over an hour) * Our cabin was extremely dated (the ship was built in 2006, but by the cabin you would have guessed the mid 1990's). Everything needed to be replaced. * There was only ONE power outlet in the entire room (sans the bathroom plug). A real ivconviencene if you're a couple with iphones, ipads, apple watches, a CPAP machine, and headphones that require charging. * Our deck and furniture was not power-washed or cleaned until a few days into the journey. * The food was the worst we have had at sea (note: we have not been on Carnival). At Sabatini's specialty restaurant, I sent back two out of the three courses. The Horizon buffet was on par with middle school cafeteria food, and the main dining room's food was bland and uninspired (they snuck in IMITATION crab meat into the crab quishe) . Terrible. F-. The only bright spot was the Salty Dog Pub, which makes an AWESOME hamburger. * Don't try to explore on the back of the ship. We ventured out on the 14th or 15th floor and had to walk up to the 19th deck (via nerve racking outside stairs) to get the hell out. Terrible design! * Their casino is nice, but at the blackjack table they only pay out 5 to 6 on blackjack instead of the standard 1.5 to 1. Huge advantage to the house. (the casino staff was great however). * The water coming out of the showers was terribly aerated, it was tough to rinse the soap off of your body, and the towels were old, worn, and thin. * I found many pool towels with brown stains. Thoroughly nauseating. * The alcoholic drinks were VERY weak. We had to order a double just to get a decent drink (at twice the price). * My wife commented a number of times (as well as other ladies) about the lack of bathrooms in public areas. * The paid entertainment was pretty lame (comedian and magician). * Debarkation was horribly unorganized and unmonitored. We opted for early self-carry off and were told to wait in the casino. There were about 50 people in the casino and 200 or more outside the casino in front, effectively cutting the line. I notified the crew member a number of times and asked him to remedy the situation. He threw up his hands and said "what am I supposed to do". I replied "Simple, just go tell those people if they're not in the casino they're not getting off". Of course, no action was taken and 200 cheaters/line cutters were at the customs gate first. Positive * Roston, the steel drum player was very nice and an excellent musician. We took an intro steel drum class with him (free) and it was very enjoyable. * There were many sugar free dessert options. I accidentally ate one and was astonished it was sugar free! Whoever is baking these sugar free desserts is a miracle worker! * There is a laundromat available on each passenger deck. A HUGE positive feature, especially compared to the cost of having the ship do your laundry. A+ * The staff entertainment was very good, especially considering they had no infrastructure to lean on, it was all brain power and creativity to come up with entertaining things to do like 80's trivia, movie trivia, the marriage game, etc. * My wife took a couple of TRX classes and she really enjoyed them (I mostly stayed away from the gym...) * They make EXCELLENT smoothies * The Sanctuary area at the front of the ship is relaxing and worth the extra money. * The Flame Duo and classical music duo were very talented.

Stunning Fall from Grace

Crown Princess Cruise Review by CT_Postman

• Sail Date: February 2018
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

Negative

* I found many pool towels with brown stains. Thoroughly nauseating.

* The paid entertainment was pretty lame (comedian and magician).

Positive

* They make EXCELLENT smoothies

* The Flame Duo and classical music duo were very talented.
CT_Postman’s Full Rating Summary