3. Star Pride
Prior to this cruise I had taken maybe a dozen Caribbean cruises. I chose this cruise primarily because I had never visited its five ports of calls and secondarily because I thought that it would be a step up from the norm in terms of luxury. Following Hurricane Maria, Windstar changed the first two ports of call. In exchange, however, they agreed to upgrade my room one category from S1 to S2 and give me a $200 on board credit. The room was really nice. The food was excellent. We always ate breakfast and lunch in the buffet restaurant. The choice and quality were very good. In addition to the buffet items, you could order a select number of items from a menu e.g., pancakes, eggs, hamburger and fries. The dinners at the Amphora restaurant were outstanding. I sometimes ordered two entrees or two desserts. One memorable dinner was the best that I have ever had on a cruise ship. Overall the staff was outstanding -- everybody from the waiters, cooks, and steward to the men who helped us to board and alight the tenders. Other plusses: morning stretch with the Fitness Center trainer; exercise walks around the top deck; good internet connection in the computer room; Deck 5 hot tub; scones and tea in the Yacht Club bar. Minuses: There was not much to do in the evening. The two musical duos were OK, but we mostly retired to our room shortly after dinner. I would have enjoyed lectures, dance lessons, wine tastings, etc. Suggested beaches: Pointe du Bout on Martinique; Pain-de-Sucre and Pompierre on Terre de Haut; Shell Beach and Nikki Beach on St Barth.

Beautiful room, fantastic food, great itinerary

Star Pride Cruise Review by FLCC1234

• Sail Date: December 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Suite

FLCC1234’s Full Rating Summary
Get Windstar Star Pride price drops

Ocean View Suite
Cabin S2 227
Very nice room. Large seating area. Walk-in closet with safe. Plenty of drawers and shelves for two people. Beautiful marble bathroom.
Deck 5 Suite Cabins