Good deal on single room price to a destination I had never been before. Getting there was a challenge. Flight from Minneapolis was 2 hours late. Had to change terminals in Los Angeles and since changing carriers too, no help with luggage which was difficult for me with bad legs. In international terminal, nobody knew anything about Air Tahiti. Had to drag bags around for an hour before finding check in desk at the far end of terminal. Air Tahiti was 4 hours late too, so got into Tahiti in middle of night and all I ever saw of first stop, Tahiti itself, was from headlights on old shuttle bus from airport to pier When boarding, exhausted, they first hearded us into showroom for an abbreviated lifeboat drill, never did figure out where lifeboat station was. Flopped in bed way after midnight and Tahiti itself was long gone out of site by the time I woke upnext morning. The tiny little islands on the first ports of call were interesting but tours were in mostly pick up trucks. A couple were old volcanic mountains and one was a flat coral island that will be under water in a few years. Then we had few days sailing to Hawaii. I spent a lot of time in the nice top forward lounge reading. Food service was pretty average and a bit disappointing. Especially the night I got to their “famed” steak house. Got their headliner big porterhouse. ‘Where is the meat?” The tender side of the steak was completely missing! I sent it back, explaining to the waiter that a porterhouse streak has meat on both sides of the bone. Chef came out and told me all were that way. Cheapskates! Hawaii was ok but I had been there, done that many times before. Then another long sail back to USA. Their customer service did help me out by rearranging my flights home, getting me on a direct to Minneapoliis flight, eliminating a long layover in Chicago getting me home early evening instead of after midnight. In general the trip went pretty well and was mostly what I expected and I had lots of good reading stored on my iPad. The ship was calm and quiet and relaxing. Good lectures on everything from muitany on the bounty to how the islands fared in WW2 (overrun by US Troups).

Ok, but not great

Regatta Cruise Review by Franvan

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View
Good deal on single room price to a destination I had never been before.

Franvan’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Regatta price drops

Ocean View
Cabin D
Clean and quiet, but very small. Tiny shower, no shelf space in bathroom. Not enough space for my clothes and I was traveling alone.
Deck 3 Outside Cabins