3. Serenade of the Seas
For our 10th wedding anniversary we booked an eleven night Southern Caribbean cruise on the Serenade of the Seas. The ship was okay, the cabin and cabin attendant were great. The dining room left a lot to be desired. The menu selections were repetitive, the serving sizes were small, almost minuscule. The food was tasteless and I often compared it to hospital food! Crab claws to wrestle on formal night....really! Overcooked and under seasoned! The service in the dining room was lacking......no rapport with the passengers. After complaining to the Head Waiter I had a meeting with the head chef to express my dislike....he really had no explanation but did offer a nice filet mignon the next night for the two of us from Chops! We did eat in Chops and it was excellent as usual.....so I know they can prepare good food. One night we ate dinner in Windjammer just to find more variety in selection. The food in Windjammer was no better, but they did do a nice breakfast! Diamond Lounge was a joke and should be abolished. Over 300 Diamond guest on the ship and seating for 30 at one time. Not a great way to treat your repeat customers. Mario, the manager of the Diamond Lounge said it was an executive decision and I should contact Miami about the situation......which I will do. Sure, they push you to just go get your three free drinks at any bar...but that is not the purpose of the Diamond lounge. Entertainment was blah....except for the comedian.....he was entertaining. Next time I decide spend my valuable vacation dollars it will not be to be stuck somewhere eating cafeteria food with lack luster entertainment and poor service. Wake up Royal Caribbean......I will be shopping for a new cruise company! Did not book another cruise while on the ship!

Disappointing Cruise!

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by gzyteck

Entertainment was blah....except for the comedian.....he was entertaining.

Did not book another cruise while on the ship!
gzyteck’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas price drops

Great! Quite! Good Location!
  Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans