Sagitta Cruise Review

Excellent experience from beginning to end.

Sagitta Cruise Review by hcarruth

• Sail Date: Feb 2018
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean

This was my fourth experience over two years with Island Windjammers, though this was my first trip on Sagitta. My previous trips were on the Vela. I found the overall experience very similar. Common to all my experiences is that the crew is very professional and focused on passenger safety and pleasure. The company encourages a casual atmosphere, with t-shirts, shorts and bare feet expected.

Cabins on Sagitta are a nice size. Though some might think them small, they are almost twice the size of the cabins on Vela. No one I have ever met on one of these cruises spends any significant time in a cabin though; they are for storing your stuff and sleeping at night. Beds are comfortable and the climate control is good.

The food is excellent and served at specific times when all of the passengers, and sometimes the senior crew, sit down together. The menus tend to be similar from one trip to another, but I wish I could sail with them often enough to become tired of them. The chefs have also always been very good about accommodating specific needs. There are always beer, wine, and soft drinks available throughout the day.

On this trip we visited St Kitts, Montserrat, Guadeloupe, Antigua, and Nevis. The itinerary tends to choose slightly out of the way ports to visit which has the benefit of not fighting crowds from the big tour ships. The captain often finds out of the way beaches and snorkeling locations for the guests to visit.

I love these trips. I love the casual atmosphere. I love the interaction with the crew. I love the out-of-the-way places we visit. I like that I can kick back and relax and nobody is making me feel guilty for not going activities. I recommend Island Windjammers very, very highly.

hcarruth's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Standard 9

Cabin 9 contains bunk beds. The top is a single, the bottom a full. The beds are comfortable. The ensuite bathroom is a nice size. The rooms are cleaned every day, and linens are changed mid-week, unless more frequent is requested.

hcarruth