3. Queen of the Mississippi
My husband and I choose this cruise to celebrate our 30th anniversary (2 weeks down the entire length of the Mississippi River). As experienced cruisers, we knew what we should expect from a cruise at this price point ($24k). I cannot tell you how disappointed we were. The housekeeping was terrible, the food at times inedible, the "service" was laughable (the housekeepers and waitstaff were all kids from a hospitality training program) and the communication throughout the trip was inexcusably nonexistent. And to add insult to injury, they failed on the recovery. I wrote a detailed 5-page letter to the CEO (Charles Robertson) and the VP of Hotel Operations (Paul Taiclet) to give them feedback. Both called me to apologize for our bad experience. Mr. Robertson promised that I would hear from him again in a week or two. I never did. Mr. Taiclet followed up with a letter offering us 25% off a future cruise. Worthless to us as we would never spend another dime with this company. It was the worst value for our money that we have ever experienced in our travel all over the world. Save yourself from the same pain. Please don't book with this company!!!

Worst cruise experience ever

Queen of the Mississippi Cruise Review by travelvonski

travelvonski’s Full Rating Summary
Get American Cruise Lines Queen of the Mississippi price drops

The cabin would have been fine if we had paid half the price that we did. But at $24k, the cabin was unacceptable. It was dated and shabby. The horrible housekeeping services added to the unpleasant experience.