3. Emerald Princess
This was our first Princess cruise, chosen mainly for the itinerary. We were blessed with amazing weather during the entire cruise so fortunately we were able to visit every port as scheduled. If I had to choose a favourite port it has to be the Falkland Islands for its uniqueness and it's amazing penguins! A trip to Volunteer Point should not be missed. Scenic cruising along the Beagle Channel and the Amalia Glacier with its absolutely breathtaking scenery is also an unforgettable experience. We found the ship´s decor rather depressing, no fabulous Atrium area, and lots of dark, dreary lounges. The entertainment on board was practically non-existent and the theatre shows were quite third rate. Considering this was a 14 day winter cruise with quite a few sea days more effort should have been made by the Entertainment team. Although the majority of the passengers were elderly I am sure they would have appreciated a much more lively, active, professional Entertainment schedule. Dining, main dining room, was essentially a hit-and-miss affair. Some evenings the food was great, whilst for the most part, and especially on formal nights the food was dire. We ate in the Crab Shack one evening and did enjoy that meal. Due to negative comments by other passengers we didn't try the other fee paying restaurants. Food was always plentiful all over the ship, but I think quality needs improving in the main dining room. Our favourite eatery was the International Cafe, a great place for a quick breakfast or a snack, with great teas and coffees. Our cabin on Caribe deck with its extra-large balcony was always immaculate thanks to our amazing stateroom attendant. Loved the extra-big balcony which we made good use of. Didn't do ships excursions - ridiculously overpriced. Would I cruise with Princess again? Yes, if I liked the itinerary. A definite plus was the service we received on-board from all staff which was absolutely amazing and compensated for any negativity experienced on board.

Amazing itinerary!

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by gilliansp

• Sail Date: February 2018
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Didn't do ships excursions - ridiculously overpriced.

gilliansp’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD C734
The cabin, whilst compact, was more than big enough for us and everything was in immaculate condition.The extra-large balcony certainly compensated for this though and we even had enough sunny days to be able to make good use of it. There was no exterior noise due to it's location right at the end of the ship.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins