• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Okauchee
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2018
Cabin: Interior

Our group of four booked this cruise close to sailing for a nice getaway. I have been on 25+ cruises. I read the reviews and do not think that the reviews do it justice. The ship is lovely. It is designed in a way that you never feel crowded. The staff of this ship are personable, kind and helpful. The food was amazing, top of the line. Our inside cabin had more room than most plus a refrigerator. Quiet location, Baja deck, next to the elevators. The entertainment that we attended was very good. We did our own shore excursions but the stops at ABC islands with 4 sea days was a nice mix of busy and relaxation.

The only down side was that I ingested something in my gin and tonic drink that has given me problems ever since. From what I have figured out with the help of the cruise staff, is that the ice comes attached to clear plastic in containers. Sometimes, the plastic sticks to the ice. The ice melts in the drink, the clear plastic is in the drink but you can't see it and unfortunately I ended up with it. I was told it has happened before from the staff. I had to seek medical attention and ended up in the hospital for my throat pain. Be careful with your drinks! Only reason for an overall 4 rating not a 5.

Interior

For an inside room, lots more room than I expected in the cabin and bathroom. Big open closet a plus. Refrigerator a plus. Quiet location on Baja deck 11 next to aft elevators.

10 Helpful Vote