3. Norwegian Sun
My wife and I took the Emerald Princess from Buenos Aires to Santiago Chile and stayed 3 nights at the little town of San Antonio Child and then took the Sun from Chile to Miami. This was the first time with Norwegian and therefore the first trip on the Sun. We didn't know what to expect but overall we were very pleased with our Cruise. For us it was fun being on one cruse line for half the trip and then trying another. South America was an area of contrasts, none of the ports had a cruise terminal and some ports were basically fishing towns and some were more affluent. But they were interesting for us because we were basically curious about seeing a little of SA. We really like the entertainment on the ship. The theater was goldilocks size, not too big and not to small and nice individual chairs. They had a fantastic production crew of singers and dancers. They were just fantastically talented and they really put on a excellent show. Plus out of the 16 days onboard they performed a lot. They even came down in the bars and nightclubs when they weren't at the main theater and put on some mini shows. I don't know if that's normal on Norwegian but it was on the sun. We also thought the cruise director and his assistant were great. Lots of energy and great personalities. We had a balcony cabin that compared with Princess, HAL, Royal C and our steward was a hard worker. In fact I thought the whole crew was well trained, very friendly and hard working. We liked the layout of the Sun, nice big outdoor deck/dining area aft, a great sports bar aft, nice bar in the atrium area and a good size casino. One last thing, the food on the Sun was better than any cruise ship I have ever taken and we have been on a bunch. They actually seasoned the food and unless you go to a specially restaurant the food is bland. Nothing is perfect but overall we really enjoyed our cruise with the Sun and overall we basically like to cruise on a smaller ship. The Sun is probably mid-sized but nowadays all the new ships are monster size. Overall our fellow passengers were older retired USA folks like us but we had a lot of Latin American's on this cruise plus a sprinkling of Europeans . I highly recommend the Sun.

South American Adventure

fatherjohn’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC 0245
Nice clean balcony cabin. Good size and comparable to other cruise lines.
Pool Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins