3. Norwegian Jade
The NCL product is very consistent. We have been on four NCL cruises. The Hawaii cruise is a must if you have the disposable income. I wanted to briefly write about Egypt. We were very disappointed (to put it mildly) in the country. By the time we actually saw the pyramids we could not appreciate them because of all the filth, rubble, pollution garbage along the three hour journey from Alexandria. Once at the pyramids guards will literally ask to take your picture and then try to charge you to get your camera back. An old man tried to stuff a T-shirt in my pocket. The con men around the pyramids desecrated the area. It is hard to believe that the government of Egypt does not protect such a valuable treasure. Over the years they have built up very close to the pyramids, it appears that the Egyptians do not value their own history. I say this because I want you to be prepared before you see the pyramids, if you know what to expect perhaps you can build up a resistance and then actually enjoy these wonders. We booked this cruise because it was the best way, the safest way for us to see the pyramids. If I knew what I know now I would have gone some where else. There was no OH MY GOD moment when we saw the pyramids. They were just OK compared to the other great sites around the world See America first, Hawaii, Yellowstone, Yosemite, grand canyon. If you seen America then venture out. Athens - the Parthenon, and the Greek Island of Santorini are incredible. I don't want to discourage anyone, just be prepared and do your research. The cruise itself with ports Rome, Athens and Malta was a pretty good experience overall.

Jade Dec 8,2009