3. Magellan
I only read the reviews for this ship just before we left for our holiday and there were quite a few bad ones. I was a little apprehensive but I needn’t have been because we had a really good experience! The ship was spotless, all the staff we encountered were absolutely brilliant - professional, friendly and couldn’t do enough for you. We loved the excursions we did and were lucky enough to see the Northern Lights from the ship every night that we were in the Arctic. We also saw whales off the side of the ship. Then there was the food which was just fabulous! The evening entertainment could have been a little more varied but having said that there were some good shows including a very funny impressionist, and the resident singing duo were great. There were a few problems with an air conditioning unit freezing and causing leaks while we were in the Arctic but the problem was well dealt with by the crew. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday and would use Cruise and Maritime again.

Cruise to the Northern Lights in Norway

Magellan Cruise Review by Valerie55

Valerie55’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Magellan price drops

Our cabin was exactly what we expected for the price we paid. Not luxurious but nice. The beds were very comfortable and there was plenty of storage space. Our cabin steward looked after the cabin very well and was always telling us just to ask if we needed anything.