3. Carnival Triumph
There were WAY too many "enrichment" activities, and not nearly enough FUN activities! I feel like each of the dailies showed a ton of items for losing weight, looking younger, buying artwork or learn about the port shopping but there weren't as any fun things to do. Trivia on one day was only held while in port, so I only made it to one all trip (I normally hit a lot more than that!) The cabin was really dated. I'm talking pink porcelin sink, blue scuffed-up floors, beige walls, gold trim. I know they say it was built in 1999, but the decor says 1979. Even the music in the buffet each morning was a big snore (I don't speak for everyone, but I want to hear fun, mood-boosting, energizing music when my vacation is starting, or my day on an island is about to begin!) This was all 70s/80s slow songs. Guy Fieri's was AMAzing. The taco bar was great. No complaints about any of the food or drinks. Our waitress on the first night in the London dining room was Veronica and we requested her each time. The bartender in the atrium bar was AWFUL. He would make eye contact with me waiting with no drink and my room key in my hand, then turn and clean up the other side of the bar. He very clearly was waiting on men without issue, but several other female passengers said he seemed to be avoiding them. The Big Easy show was a big letdown. I'm a sucker for musicals, but this was underwhelming. I couldn't help but compare it to Burn The Floor on NCL's Breakaway (which I saw twice in the last year because it was THAT good!) This show was one that I wanted to leave 10 minutes in. I kept hoping it would pick up, but it never did for me. The ship was really easy to navigate, being on the smaller side, which I really liked. Being a 5 day cruise, I didn't get a chance to see/do everything I wanted but got to relax and get sun, which was my priority. The worse thing about this trip was my interaction with security. On the first night there was a drunk passenger who was belligerent and when I spoke to security about him, I was actually scolded, as if I were tattling. I ended up speaking to a supervisor the next day about his unprofessionalism, but I have a feeling that nothing will come of it, which is disappointing.

Not the best, not the worst

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by mchelle77

• Sail Date: February 2018
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-View Extended Balcony

mchelle77’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Triumph price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8M 8434
The balcony was great. The bathroom was spacious, although poorly decorated. Our room steward, Rogie, was excellent.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins