3. Oasis of the Seas
Wife, 6 year old daughter and I just returned from Oasis and overall we loved it. It was my daughter's first, my 3rd and my wife's 4th cruise. We decided to do windjammer for all our meals. My daughter wanted to make sure she was at the Explorers kids center every night and given my wife's dietary needs (vegan and gluten free), we chose the WJ every night and were pleasantly surprised with options for her to eat. Pros: Stateroom attendant (Deron) was amazing. My wife had brought her own non-dairy creamer and requested ice every night. The minifridge provided does NOT keep things cool at all. So the two buckets of ice every morning and every evening helped nurse that creamer for all 7 days. As we were going through customs, my kid realized that she forgot her stuffed monkey in the stateroom. Woman from RCI was nice enough to walkie in the request and we had the monkey 20 minutes later. Nice service touch. Went the extra mile to get my daughter her stuffed animal. Kids Club. My daughter had to be taken off kicking and screaming from deck 14! Loved it. Very safe and comfortable leaving your child(ren) to total strangers. Luckily our stateroom was on deck 14 also, just about 20 doors down from the kids area. Things to do. Played blackjack and my dealer was from Philly (philippines, forgot his name). Kept saying to split my 10's! :) Made the enjoyment of winning even better. Helped pay for my excursions! Did the Ziplining, minigolf, ice skating. Unable to do the rock climbing or surfing, maybe next time? Daughter loved the kids water park and the flowing pool that looks like a donut. In there for hours! Daughter also loved the carousel, my wife loved the artwork and jewelry. Aqua show and Frozen in Time ice skating show. They were simply awesome! Labadee, Haiti. Amazing time in Haiti. My wife had reservations about going to Haiti, the poorest country in the western hemisphere, but it was amazing. Beaches were nice and the sun was strong. very strong! Cons: Other shows, not named Aqua show or Frozen in Time. Terrible. (Cats, Fly away) Embarkation was a nightmare. Had to wait almost 2 hours to get on from the time we got to port at 10:30. Has to be a faster way onto the ship. Disembarkation was quick, only 30 minutes from time waiting to time we left the ship (6:25 to just before 7am). Excursions. Did Rendezvous beach time in St Maarten and Photo Safari in Labadee. Both were waste of money. Would've been better off just paying for a taxi in St Maarten and paying for the water park in Labadee. Did character breakfast....waste of time and money too. Challenger arcade never had ice for the coca cola cups. Tip: Make sure to check charges on the sea pass card. was charged for beer and wine in the Grande dining hall. Never ate or drank there. Also, if you're using the arcade, be sure to turn your card sideways to play a game. Took almost 30 minutes to figure that out.

Amazing Trip

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by jor689

Aqua show and Frozen in Time ice skating show. They were simply awesome!

Cons:

Other shows, not named Aqua show or Frozen in Time. Terrible. (Cats, Fly away)

Challenger arcade never had ice for the coca cola cups.

jor689’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Amazing views of the ports from this location. As with most standard staterooms, the rooms were small and the bathrooms were tight. Location was wonderful, being in the middle of the aft and forward elevators. Starboard side is much better than the port side IMO.

Couch converted into either twin (partially taken out) or a full size bed (fully taken out). We chose the twin and left it like that all 7 days. That would allow us to walk from the balcony and back without trouble. Also a comfy couch to watch TV.

Best part, kids club is also on deck 14. Very short walk (2 minutes) to kids club and miniarcade. Also, quick to pools (deck 15), Challenger's arcade (deck 15, coca cola machine), windjammer (deck 16) using the aft staircase.
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans

• Arawak Aqua Park
    Did the Photo Safari and Aqua Park. Photo safari part was mind-numbingly bad. Saving grace was the water park. My daughter had so much fun, hour went by really quick. Trolls party on ship was good, daughter liked it and had a semi-private meeting with Poppy and Branch.
    View All 61 Arawak Aqua Park Reviews
  • San Juan
    sun was hot, street were busy and there wasn't a lot of time to do anything, except shop. 7am to 2pm didn't allow us to do anything. Bathrooms were scarce, had to go to Marshalls 3rd floor. People were quite rude and electricity problems in certain stores.
    View All 3,783 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
  • Beach
    The beach was nice, water a bit chilly. Lunch was OK. The women selling the beach chair umbrellas and the hairbraiding were quite pushy and borderline rude. Would've been better off taking a taxi and going to Maho beach on our own instead. (save money and time)