• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Magellan Review

Editor Rating
6 Awards

Wonderful cruise to the northern lights

Review for Magellan to the Arctic
Christine Foston
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Feb 2018
Cabin:

We wanted a winter cruise to celebrate my 70th birthday. Having called into the co op travel agents in Lincoln ,this one was recommended to us by one of the cruise specialists.we couldn't have enjoyed it more! The staff on board were all amazing and friendly- nothing too much trouble. I was ill a couple of days into the trip and needed to use the ships medical department. The treatment I got was first class and with a couple of days intensive treatment I was fit to enjoy the rest of the cruise. Food on board was delicious and plentiful and was presented in the first class restaurants as if in a top class hotel. There was a less formal restaurant but the food was excellent in there too. Entertainment was first class with terrific shows each night as well as many and varied day time activities. There was also a wide range on shore excursions ( not cheap as Norway is expensive) and we took advantage of a few of them which we thoroughly enjoyed. We made some good friends who we hope to cruise with again in the future with this line.

Now, try as I might, I can't think of any negatives. There was an incident of burst pipes which I believe caused flooding to some areas but the staff worked so hard to sort the problem and did so quickly. I did overhear some guests complaining about various things but they all sounded quite trivial to me. I do feel that some folks complain for complaining X sake!! However, everyone is of course entitled to their opinion. We certainly enjoyed ourselves and would highly recommend cruise and maritime and the Magellan to anyone. Many thanks for a memorable trip.

Cabin Outside superior

Our cabin was a superior outside which was spacious and had two very comfortable single beds. There was a generous sized en suite including toiletries. Also included were tea and coffee making facilities. There was plenty of storage space and it was good to have a window. It was kept beautifully clean by our cabin stewardess who came in twice a day to ensure it stayed that way. It was also quiet and had air conditioning.

14 Helpful Votes