3. Radiance of the Seas
We wanted to see Australia as a continent. I would have prefered to start and stop at Sydney. Embarkation was dreadful as there was only machine for 2200 people to walk thru for security. We waited on line for an hour and a half. Never before has that happened in all our years of cruising. At Port Headland, they did not have enough buses and at a cost of A$25 extra. The wait to get of the ship was over an hour and qued around the 4th deck in hot hallways. You had to pay that in order to exit the port to the city in a couple of the ports. I would not go again and in hindsight would not go after experiencing it myself. The captain was really nice and personable. The Cruise Director (Gordon) was a hoot. Food choices were not alot and were not to my liking. Items as: Escargo was made with cheese on top and room temperature. Horseradish was NOT horseradish (like tapiaoca). Some of the dishes were seasoned (hot) and not to my liking. Steaks were grey no chared. Spa was very disappointing with treatments that were promised were not delivered and products that were sold were not the same as advertized (UV protection when in fact it does not have that). After that experience, I was not going to have any more treatments. Just terrible untruths to sell a product or treatment. I did not trust them after that. I was apollgized to by the Spa manager.

Good time but needs more crew

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Golfeline

Golfeline’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas price drops

Cabin was OK - pretty normal for a balcony cabin. Nothing special. RCCL needs to hire more staff as our cabin steward did not get to our room two times during our 16 day cruise and the room was not made up until sometimes after 2:00! Not because the steward was not doing his job because there should be more people to do the work that is expected so the passengers don't have to wait all day and all evening for service.
  Radiance of the Seas Deck Plans