3. Silver Explorer
The sights, both from the ship and on shore, were absolutely spectacular. The natives - Penguins - were very friendly and would approach us without any fear. I took over 800 pictures (I'm glad we are not shooting with film any more), one new friend took over 1,200 pictures. It is almost impossible to describe the scenery and the surroundings in pictures and/or words - you have to see it to truly appreciate it. The ship is one of the nicest we have been on. The cabin (317) was perfectly sized for us. The housekeeping was fantastic (Thanks, Elisa!). The room service (my wife wanted breakfast in bed every day) was perfect (Thanks, Hilman). The service in the dining room was excellent and the food was very good. One of the most amazing things about the service staff was that they knew our name within 24 hours after meeting us - even the guy would made the toast at breakfast called me by name the first day! The tour staff was very knowledgeable about the native plant (there are only two plant native to Antarctica - Thanks, HP) and animal species that we encountered. This was a trip of a lifetime and possibly one worth considering for a repeat. I had some issues with the office personnel (not on the ship) which I will resolve separately. If you are thinking about it, get off of you --- and book it!

Absolutely amazing scenery and very friendly natives.

Silver Explorer Cruise Review by Cruising94404

• Sail Date: February 2018
  • Destination: Antarctica
  • Cabin Type: Explorer Class Oceanview Stateroom
Cruising94404’s Full Rating Summary
Get Silversea Silver Explorer price drops

Explorer Class Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin EC 317
The cabin was perfectly sized for a trip such as this. The cabin service - housekeeping - was excellent (Thanks, Elisa). The room service was perfect (Thanks, Hilman). The food - my wife wanted breakfast in bed every morning - was on time, hot, and correct (it sure was nice having a butler!).
Deck 4 Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins

• City Tour
    Included as part of the package. The time was needed to get the last group off and the new group on. Several interesting facts were pointed out and we had an excellent lunch before boarding the ship.