3. Avalon Tranquility II
After talking about taking a cruise for years, my wife and I finally booked this one -- Christmas on the Rhine. We traveled through the beautiful Alsace region, on a luxurious boat with amazing food. We were greeted at the airport by a friendly shuttle driver and taken to a central location where other cruisers were waiting. Together we boarded a bus that took us directly to the boat. A few minutes later and we were in our room! We were both blown away by the quality of the room and facilities. There was time for a quick shower and then we headed to the welcome meeting where we learned the rules of the trip. We enjoyed going up above deck and passing through a lock. Looking out over this beautiful, ancient river and watching Europe glide by in the moonlight. It was a special time! Our tour director, Vlad, did a phenomenal job managing all of the tour arrangements and we enjoyed each one of our unique local guides. We learned so much more than doing our more normal trip of going, renting a car and driving around! The shore excursions/tours were the highlight for us, but I don't want to take anything away from the boat, the crew, or the kitchen and dining staff. We were treated incredibly well by everyone, and the food never left anything to be desired. We'll be on one again before long, I suspect!

Great boat, great crew, great tours, wonderful vacation!

Avalon Tranquility II Cruise Review by theidealist

We'll be on one again before long, I suspect!
theidealist’s Full Rating Summary