AmaSerena Cruise Review

Nice passengers but terrible coffee

AmaSerena Cruise Review by guynz8

• Sail Date: Oct 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Stateroom with French balcony and outside balcony

This was our first river cruise but we had done ocean cruises in large ships previously. We choose a river cruise to have some good conversations with other passengers and I wanted lots of walking, whereas my wife didn't want much.

Meals on the boat were excellent but outside of meal time to get good food on the ship was hard. I guess that we imagined that there would be something all day that we could help ourselves to. The coffee is out of a machine and is poor, or served in a pot at breakfast (which again is 2nd rate).

We enjoyed the excursions but after a few, we realised that they were all fairly similar ie cobblestoned streets with a church or castle. I guess that I wanted a three hour solid walk a couple of times on the trip, or a visit to a really good art gallery or museum. My wife one time did the apricots 'excursion' which ended up being 20 minutes in a tiny room sampling apricot liquors. Location after location I would end up just wondering around the shops of the various towns after the tour had finished. I guess if I did another river cruise I would ensure that I organised a couple of my own excursions in advance.

The cruise was advertised as the romantic danube but it could have been called anything as this theme was not carried forward anywhere on the cruise. Time went very fast on the ship but seven days was enough. The cabin was excellent. We were in the middle deck and had a verandah. There was plenty of room. The entertainment on board at night time is only very average.

guynz8's Full Rating Summary

Stateroom with French balcony and outside balcony

This is a decent size. The verandah is small but we didn't use this as it was cold outside. TV was good and the bathroom was also a very decent size.

guynz8