3. Pride of America
We chose this cruise because in our opinion it is an economic, easy way to see more than one Hawaiian island in a week. (We had done this cruise several years ago as well as previously having done a "land" trip around the Hawaiian Islands). On the land trip we found that we wasted a lot of time at airports and changing hotels and finding places to eat. The cruise eliminates a lot of wasted time. It's a great way to "sample" the various islands to determine which one to go back to for a more "concentrated" vacation. The cruise: Embarkation and Disembarkation were efficient - we were on the ship less than 20 minutes after we arrived at the port. Our cabin was ready for us around 2:30PM. it was very clean. Everything worked. We were 3 adults in an obstructed Oceanview. We found there was plenty of room for 3 but 4 adults would have been rather tight. Our cabin steward was excellent! We made a number of requests (like extra pillows and having the double bed split into 2 twins). Every request was accommodated quickly and cheerfully. Food for the most parts was as expected - not gourmet but ranging from acceptable to good. We ate at the buffet and the Liberty restaurant. Contrary to complaints I have read, the service at Liberty was really pretty good especially the night we had Gennady as our waiter - very efficient, professional and interesting. The only area in which the food could use some real improvement was the desserts - most looked good but were tasteless. The crepes were good, the pound cake at lunch and the crumbles in the evening were good. The rest - frankly not worth the calories. Service in general was quite good and the crew seemed happy with their jobs (again contrary to what I had read in some reviews - it makes you wonder if these people were on the same ship). Entertainment ESPECIALLY "Toby Beau" was very good - really far better than on other cruise lines I have been on. We did not see the "Production" shows so I cannot comment on those. We did not take any NCL excursions but they seemed over-priced. We just rented a car on each island. Value for Money - overall Good - mainly because of the itinerary. Only NCL can offer this good an itinerary in Hawaii with that much time on that many islands. We spent the week before our cruise on Oahu, doing the sights there and I highly recommend that. Also I am mildly disabled - I use a walker and I found the crew were very accommodating. The tender crew in Kona were great. And I was always offered assistance in the buffet. Overall: The cruise was as expected and we were pleased.

A Good Cruise

Pride of America Cruise Review by Zeno

• Sail Date: February 2018
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Obstructed Oceanview

The cruise:

Our cabin was ready for us around 2:30PM. it was very clean. Everything worked.

Overall: The cruise was as expected and we were pleased.
Zeno’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Obstructed Oceanview
Cabin OK 7052
Adequate for 3 adults. Not highly obstructed. Kept VERY clean by our excellent steward.
A few strange noises (not just the usual creaking) when the seas were a little rough at night.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins