Sapphire Princess Cruise Review

Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by EddieB1106

• Sail Date: Feb 2018
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

We wanted to go to Asia and see how it has developed over the years since my service in Vietnam. I was quite impressed with what has happened in Vietnam as it is quite the bustling place contrary to what I remember. We were disappointed in the distance that destinations were from the actual port and excursions were quite costly. Some destinations required 2-3 hours on a bus leaving very little time for actual exploring. I think the ports should be reconsidered or at least allow more time. They could easily cut out a few ports and spend more time in the remaining. All in all the cruise was fine with that exception. The ship was quite dated as it was going in for refurbishment following our cruise. Wish we would have known that before booking. As usual, everything else was quite fine. The jet lag is a real killer and I probably would go back to Asia for that reason. 17 1/2 hours one way.

EddieB1106's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BC C633

Cabin steward was excellent and in fact he was our steward on another cruise previously, name was Ronald and did an excellent job. Cabin was so-so

Singapore

Very nice city, been there before but it has changed considerably.

Koh Samui

Too much traffic, again, very nice place but very crowded.

Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)

Went to Vung Tao since Saigon was a 3 hour bus ride

Kelang (Kuala Lumpur)

Got off the ship, looked around, bought some stuff and got back on, city was way too far away from the port, 2 hours as I recall.

EddieB1106