3. Norwegian Spirit
We chose this cruise for two reasons: (1) we had never been to Casablanca or the Canary Islands, and (2) we wanted to get away from the cold & snowy Canadian winter for a bit. This was our 6th cruise so we expected a certain degree of service. We were very disappointed. In our cabin for example what we believed to be reading lamps on the wall were at a level where the pillows should be and we kept bumping into them during our sleep. We asked that the beds be moved away from the lamps. They were moved to another wall but put together on the length rather than the width so when we moved during the night, the beds moved apart. I spent the next 9 days sleeping with my hips in the depression and my legs lower than the top half of my body. My husband developed a cold and mild fever one night during the cruise - the fever caused him to sweat and the sheets were wet. The cabin steward knew about this and was very solicitous of him. But although the top sheet was changed every day, the bottom sheet on the bed was not. That was recognizable by the fact that the sheet had a small tear in it, which I noticed on day 2, It implied that either the bottom sheet had not been changed in 10 days or that all of their bottom sheets have tears in them in the exact same spot. Are we to assume that the young man was just following NCL's established housekeeping protocol? The toilet paper was so flimsy it came apart in small pieces the size of one's finger tips. The food was just ok - nothing better - and we ate in the main dining room every night. There was only one night that I cleaned my plate. NCL was making us feel as if their bottom line was more important than their passengers. During the cruise, the entire dining room staff (except an overbearing wine steward) were attentive and friendly. Alex in the Bread Section of "Raffles" on Deck 12 made sure I had a good selection of gluten-free items and was always cheerful, the Washy-Washy girl at "Raffles" entrance was a joy to be around. NCL is off our list for the moment.

Just OK

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by Marie-Mae

• Sail Date: February 2018
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Inside

NCL is off our list for the moment.
Marie-Mae’s Full Rating Summary