3. Celebrity Constellation
First a disclaimer: We booked this cruise as a substitute for a November 2017 cruise that was canceled by Celebrity for a charter. This was the only cruise we could choose and transfer our post cruise trip to Siem Reap....cost more and we lost a one of a kind itinerary to a charter. I am a fan of Celebrity's M class ships.... just right size for me with the amenities I want. I have no need for a rock climbing wall, etc. but really enjoy the giant therapy pool in the solarium. The ship was in good shape in my opinion with only a few sightings of the effects of age. We had a beautiful consierge class cabin on Deck 9. Our steward Robert was exceptional. Service in general was good. In the main dining room, it seemed that the wine steward was serving the entire floor or at least half of it. She worked very hard but we were usually the last served as our table was in a far corner. We sat at a table for eight which was a hindrance to great service as we had to wait for late comers and those who decided to send food back, or ask for something else after seeing what others had. This was our first cruise as elite Captain's Club members and we didn't realize that early seating was not a good match with the Elite Reception. Next time we'll choose the Select anytime dining to see if that works better. The food was not as good as I remembered it to be on previous Celebrity cruises. The traditional lobster night on the final chic evening was reat, however. We tried the buffet for dinner on days our excursions returned later but were disappointed that none of the main dining room choices were available there as they are on Holland America Line. We enjoyed lunch in the main dining room on sea days. Nice lunch choices were available and service was great. The activities staff, especially Gina and Gigi, were excellent. We enjoyed trivia and games. Shows in the theater at night were varied. We especially enjoyed The Knights, a trio of London's West End performers who put on one of the best shows we've ever seen in many cruises. We also enjoyed Andrew Derbyshire, another West End performer. The production shows were all quite good. One thing I don't care for about Celebrity is that there is no lounge entertainment at the time of the stage shows. This does not give other options if the show is not to individual taste (example: We are not fans of magic shows or jugglers, no matter how good they are.) There were three different enrichment lecturers. We especially enjoyed the one that spoke on the destinations who was excellent. Now back to the itinerary: The second port in Viet Nam was cancelled prior to the cruise. I wasn't upset at the time as an overnight in Hong Kong was substituted. However, I did not realize that the Chinese New Year holiday would make that second day problematic as many businesses were closed and attractions very crowded. This had to be known prior to the substitution. Our booked shore excursion was cancelled for this reason. One would have expected an immediate refund but rather than that, it was moved to the first day even though we had already booked another excursion. Double tickets were issued for those affected and it became the guest's responsibility to go to shore excursions desk and exchange the tickets for something else or get a refund. We had booked a shore excursion to Macao on the first day and did not want to change that one. The description of that tour was not accurate. While it said to expect delays, it did not say that it would take FOUR HOURS to get there. We were not delayed but went at the scheduled ferry time. This tour was also marked "mild" which caused some with physicial limitations to book it. These folks had to stay on the bus at two of the four places we went to as there were many steps and long walks involved. Do come early or stay post cruise in Singapore as our two days there prior to sailing were wonderful in that amazing city. Don't think the day before disembarkation will give you enough time. The ship does not dock until 2 p.m. and everyone must go through immigration which necessitated times to be assigned for all passengers to do this, a lengthy process. In summary, I'd say don't hesitate to book the Constellation because of age and be assured of good service on the ship. If you have physical limitations, take care on what excursions you book. Hiring a cab or one of Celebrity's private excursions might be a better option. The cruise was okay overall but we would never have chosen this itinerary had it not been for our private extension to Angkor Wat post cruise. That was fabulous and I encourage anyone flying as far and long as we did to take the additional time to stay in Singapore and/or visit Cambodia, a short flight from Singapore. These were the highlights of our trip.

Great Ship, So-So Itinerary

HokiePoq’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Concierge Class 3
Cabin C3 9122
I am not sure which CC category this is but it was a great cabin in a great location. It was close to the aft elevators and not far from the midship elevators. It has been refurbished and was in excellent condition. It has a covered balcony. For me this is a great plus although I did not know beforehand. It could be used even when it was raining. It was shaded which is a plus for me.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Macau Walking Tour
    The tour was not exactly a walking tour although there was a lot of walking. We did not see the colorful houses, etc. in the description. We did enjoy the Macao Tower where we had a great lunch and view which included bungee jumpers going past the window as we ate. We had to report at 7:15 and did not arrive in Macao until 11:15. The description said to expect delays but we took the ferry at the scheduled time. It was also rated "mild" which caused disabled persons to book the tour. There were many steps with no elevators and long walks. These folks had to stay on the bus for two of the four bus stops.
    View All 4 Macau Walking Tour Reviews
  • Manila
    We took the Celebrity Hidden Valley tour. We enjoyed the walk to the hidden waterfall and the soaking in the four thermal pools.
    View All 67 Manila Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Manila Cruise Port Review
  • Night Safari
    This might be a great excursion under optimal conditions. Our guide was good but it was a Friday night during Chinese New Year. The place was mobbed and it poured rain which cut out viewing time. The tram ride is great but I wouldn't go again during peak attendance times.
    View All 10 Night Safari Reviews