3. Silver Wind
This is our second cruise with Silver Seas. I wish we would have made time to see some of San Jaun before or after the cruise but we were squeezed for time. My husband, I and my son (14) were greeted in reception with a glass of bubbly and shown to our suite. Unfortunately our bags had not yet arrived. Not to worry we headed to the pool side grill for lunch. Things to remember for next time. Put your swim suit in your carry on bag so you have it with you as well as your sun screen, we could have been swimming. I loved not having to worry about the cost of lunch or drinks, its all included. Our butler was a pleasure. Make sure to let them know what you want your frig stocked with. After the fact I was wishing we would have booked the silver suite with more room. But I booked the Veranda suite to save a few bucks. It was a tight fit with a 6'1" teenager who wants to leave his stuff everywhere. The chairs seemed like over kill and were in our way most of the time. Wifi - what can I say, you are on a boat and its slow and expensive. My husband had to have it to keep up with his sports. I turned my phone off and didn't give work another thought It was a windy trip. I wished I would have checked the weather prior to traveling as I would have made some wardrobe changes and had more hair ties with me and a light jacket. We had some serious winds one of the nights. We happened to be eating at the Grill and have some great shots of the pool water splashing out before they drained it. The wait staff is excellent. They get to know you and by the end of the trip are bringing you your "usual". We probably under utilized our butler, he was kind and started showing up in the afternoons with a snack. This was great for the growing 14 year old who is always hungry. He found that he could order 2 entrees and an all you can eat lunch buffet he was in heaven. Go to the Grill for dinner one night and cook your steak on a hot stone. Our ship had various things you could participate in during the day and evening. We liked the mini golf and didn't miss a day of it. Get involved go play trivia you are gong to meet some super fun people We were named the adventure family by some of the staff. I highly recommend going to Baths while visiting BVI Gorda. The water was an incredible blue, and warm. We had a chance to swim before and after going on a hike through the boulders/caves. Amazing, I will do again some day. Down side was having all the excursions arrive back at the same time and not enough tenders. This also means you miss lunch and have to eat at the pool bar which was overwhelmed by all the people. Poor planning which I'm sure will be addressed by the time you cruise. Philipsburg you have to do the Soualiga Sky Explorer. Imagine a ride up the chair lift to the top of the mountain, getting a 360 degree view of the island. It was so beautiful. For an added thrill pay the extra and take the zip line to the bottom, exhilarating. We even paid a little more to ride the lift part way up and go down the intertubes. Super fun and the bar had great service. St. Kitts I was a little put off by the aggressive shop owners, I felt like I was back in Turkey. In St. Kitts we went with the zip line tour. It seemed like a really slow start but once you were transported to the start of the course things really moved along. We were hit with a torrential down pour so were soaked by the time we were done, but it will be one we will remember long after some of the others. Fort-de-France was incredibly populated. I have removed it from potential places to retire. We took the trip through the rain forest and visited the rum distillery. Wishing I would have booked earlier and gone on the catamaran tour. Lots of driving and for me just not enough doing. St. John's we took the helicopter ride to Montserrat. I've never been in a helicopter and thought it was going to be super scary. It was not. This was amazing. The helicopter held 6 passengers and flys you out to Montserrat to see the volcano and all the damage that's been done. Our pilot was very knowledgeable. It was fascinating. I highly recommend it. Jost Van Dyke we opted for snorkeling. I wish it would have been a little longer. There were three caves to explore. We used the equipment provided not wanting to bring our own. It was all good quality and no trouble getting the masks to seal. I've seen more fish in other places, but the caves is what did it for me. This was one of our longer stops. We came back to the ship for lunch and then grabbed a bottle of wine, glasses, cork screw, pop and water and headed back to the beach to paly in the water, build a sand castle and watch the sun set. Really doesn't get much better than that. We really like the smaller ship. No lines, no waiting and being able to get into ports that the larger boats can't. We love the all-inclusive nature. It helps to relax and know you are not getting nickeled and dimed. Staff takes the time to get to know you. Do go to the shows at night, they are amazing. I actually felt guilty the night that we missed one of them. Our son thanked us serveral times for taking him. He was engaged in the adventure where the other younger travelers were face into phones and tablets. We are looking forward to our next adventure

Wind in your face, sun on your back, not a care in the world

Silver Wind Cruise Review by Adventure Family

• Sail Date: February 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite

We are looking forward to our next adventure
Adventure Family’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Silversea Silver Wind price drops

Veranda Suite
Cabin VR 606
It was a little tight with our 14 year old sharing the suite with us. The closet was good sized and held our clothing for 3. Bathroom is nicely appointed. Was nice to have the living space but felt the 2 chairs were just in the way. Having just a couch would have been just fine - unless you were eating in your room. Having your outdoor veranda was very nice. Too bad not enough room out there for two lounge chairs.
Deck 7 Suite Cabins