3. Anthem of the Seas
We chose this cruise to celebrate our anniversary and to see ports we had never seen before. The ship is beautiful and offers lots to do. We did my time dining and ate at specialty restaurants for 7 nights. Jamie's Italian is fantastic. I've heard others complain about it, but we found the food to be excellent. There's more to Italian food than red sauce. Chops remains an excellent steakhouse experience. Wonderland... it's a hot mess. They're trying so hard to be different, but they try too hard. I didn't like that we were presented a menu but not allowed to make our own choices by the waiter because it was our first time there. He ordered dishes we wouldn't have chosen, going only by the "do you have any allergies" question to guide his choices. No, we don't have allergies (and we don't tell servers we have allergies to things we don't like - that's an insult to people who have to worry about those things) but when he brought out dishes made of things we don't like it just took the air out of our sails. Had we been able to make our own choices (as the diners seated after us who had been there before) we would have had a much better time. The Chef's Table suffered from some of the same problems as Wonderland. The emphasis was on presentation over taste. The wine saved that dinner. Izumi was enjoyable. We ate there and at Jamie's twice. The main dining room was a step below the specialty restaurants in quality. We had no issues getting a table with My Time Dining. Service in the dining room was pretty good. The lobster in Solarium Bistro is excellent and a steal at $20 for what you get. San Juan was lovely; old town was in very good shape. I would return there in a heartbeat. We booked a cocktail tour through Flavors of San Juan that was excellent. St. Maarten is just getting back on its feet, but I'm glad we went. We booked a day with Capt. Bob's. I would book with them again. We did a beach excursion through the ship in Antigua that was way too crowded for my tastes. St. Lucia we booked a day pass for Bay Gardens Resort that I highly recommend. Barbados is lovely. Our day at Pirate's Cove Beach wasn't bad, but next time I want to see more of the island. St. Kitts is beautiful; we enjoyed the Carambola Beach Club. Entertainment: most of the music was geared to an older generation (Beatles tribute, 70's disco night, 70's rock night). The comedians were good. Spectra's was enjoyable. We missed The Gift due to weather. We were on board during the Super Bowl and it was kind of lame because the international feed had no US commercials and there weren't many food options available that were conducive to watching the game. Embarkation and disembarkation were very smooth. Probably the fastest and friendliest trip through customs ever.

Great ports, awesome ship, average food

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by MrSnarkyPants

MrSnarkyPants’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

No noise issues with the cabin. Design is well thought out and there are plenty of outlets. It feels spacious even though it is not a big room.
  Anthem of the Seas Deck Plans