3. Carnival Conquest
Second cruise on Carnival. It was easy for us to learn the ship, we last sailed on the Liberty, which is the Conquests sister ship. The ship is beautiful and I am always in awe of how big the ships are! As soon as you enter the ship the party starts. There was never a time that there wasn't something going on. The Piano Bar is always a lot of fun. My favorite thing of the whole cruise has to be the show "Flick" It is the best show I have ever seen on a ship! What ever you do, dont miss it! I would have gone to see it every day if that was a option! Love and Marriage is always fun and depends on who is part of the show. Ours was HILARIOUS! The food in the MD was amazing as always. The Lido buffet is good for lunch and I like that there was a different theme each day. The breakfast buffet is Okay, I do wish that they changed it up a little more though. The 24 hour pizza is the best, I could eat it all day. The Sushi was delicious and the price was great! Steakhouse is good for the price, although the bottle of wine was more than one of our meals. We were not aware that when we ordered wine, we got the whole bottle and not just a glass. We will add the wine into the budget next time, now that we know. The food came to our table cold on the day we went to the Sea Day Brunch and it wasnt all that great, we will skip it next time. Embarkation was a easy process, from getting out of the car to stepping on the ship, it was about 25 minutes! Disembarkation was a mess. We were delayed getting off the ship by over a hour. The line for customs moved very slowly! But, that is not Carnivals fault so I cant hold it against them. Getting off and back on the ship at each port was very easy and we never had to stand in a line. I do wish that we had a longer day in San Juan, it is one of my favorite ports! The only issue I have with the Conquest is that there was loud banging under our cabin at night at about 2:00am. We did go to the customer service desk and complain. The looked into it and after a few days discovered that it was the crew staying under our cabin that was making all the noise. We asked for some ear plugs after the 2nd night and we didn't hear anymore banging. Not sure if there was still banging after the crew was talked to, if there was the ear plug blocked it all out. We were also refunded the cost of 2 excursion as a apologies for all the crew noise. It was not anything we expected when we complained, it was a nice surprised though. I was injured on a excursion while in Grand Turk and had to visit the medical center that evening. There was no wait, which was nice. The nurse was very nice and did his best to explain everything to me. He was gentle while doing the X-rays and apologized for the pain the X-rays caused. The doctor on the other hand, she seemed to be irritated that I was there and was in a rush to get me back out the door. But, in the end I was taken care of and thankful nothing was broken. The cost wasnt horrible, but it wasnt something we had budgeted for. Thankfully we did have enough in our S&S to cover to medical cost. Our room steward, Oka was wonderful. He took care of our room 2x a day and was always ready with a smile and a hello when we saw him in the halls. After I was hurt he came by to make sure I was Okay and brought us extra ice to ice my Knee with. The rest of the crew that we encountered over the course of the cruise were also amazing! We had a great time on the Conquest and would for sure sail her again if we have the chance.

Home away from home

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by ShanZro

ShanZro’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Conquest price drops

• Margaritaville
    We loves this place. We have been here twice. Both times we had lunch t at Margaritaville. They have the BEST nachos I have ever had. There is a nice big gift shop to get some T-Shirt. Margaritaville is a must any time we are in Grand Turk!
    View All 28 Margaritaville Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    We did the Rays, Conch & Reef Snorkel. We didnt get to dive for Conch that day as the water was to ruff. We went to 2 different snorkeling spots. The first one was a area where the drop off is. About 45 feet of water and then, BAM down to 7,000 feet. Then we weren't to shallower water and snorkeled again. That stop was AMAZING. There was SO much to look at, and SO many fish!!! They still had Conch Salad for us to munch on on the way to where the sting rays hang out.... Conch salad is really good!! I am glad I tried it.The sting ray area was beautiful! You could see them swimming around. One of the guides caught one so people could take pictures. We went back on the boat, we choose not take part in the sting ray pictures.
    View All 180 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Walking Tour of Old San Juan
    We did the behind the walls walking tout. Our tour guide Nomei was the BEST. She knew SO much history and was able to answer everyone's questions. She had great energy and kept all of us entertained. It is a fairly long tour. We walked for 3 hours, but there were stops for water and shade. You walk a lot of old San Juan, you go into the Fort and learned a lot of history about the fort and the surrounding area.You learn a about the people and culture of the Island, Past and Present. And, how it became the San Juan it is today. Even though it is a lot of walking and a longer tour, I would do it again. I have MS and have trouble with my legs, I did get tired a few times, but I was able to power through it .And I am glad I did! You will see so many interesting things and learn so many interesting fact about San Juan. If you are a history lover, this excursion is for you!
    View All 135 Walking Tour of Old San Juan Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    We did the Deluxe Catamaran with open bar tour. It was a nice excursion. The ride to the snorkeling area was nice. The area that we snorkeled was very beautiful. My only complaint is that once we were in the water, there wasn't a lot of time to actually snorkel. The ride back to port was slow and relaxing. The crew kept the rum punch flowing and the music was playing. I relaxed on the netting on the front of the Catamaran. It was amazing! I recommend this excursion, just know you need to be one of the first people in the water to get enough snorkeling time.
    View All 67 Snorkeling Reviews
  • St. Maarten
    This was our first time in St Maarten. We were going to do the Butterfly farm, but it was closed due to hurricane damage. We just walked around, did some shopping and had lunch. The area is beautiful and the beach area was very nice. I did not like that they was someone at every turn trying to get you to come into their shops or shoving thing in your face. After a while we just said "No thank you" and kept on walking.
    View All 4,616 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews