3. Grandeur of the Seas
This was my 7th cruise out of Baltimore, 5th on the Grandeur. For the first time, I found the embarkation area chaotic. I was put on, and taken off, 3 different lines. Most of the crew seemed new and not nearly as outgoing and energetic as on previous cruises. The Meet & Mingle was a disaster and was a harbinger of things to come. The Grandeur often has an older group of cruisers. The Cruise Director and his/her staff can make a real difference in the vibe of a cruise by providing great entertainment and basically encouraging people to get out of their seats to join in activities. On this sailing, it felt like they were just phoning it in. The only operational soft serve machine was broken part of almost every day of the cruise. I was told the crew member in charge was new, etc etc. No one seemed to care enough to be responsible for fixing it. The ports were great, the food was fine and I'd rather be cruising than anywhere else. I'm just hoping that my next sail on the Grandeur is back to fabulous.

Lackluster

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by silverla

This was my 7th cruise out of Baltimore, 5th on the Grandeur.

silverla’s Full Rating Summary