3. Viking Vili
Friends of ours went on a Viking River Cruise. I was concerned about getting sea sick but they assured me that I would be fine and I was. We were picked up at Airport and delivered to Airport after our trip. Never did we feel unsafe because the people on the ship told us what to beware of and we were given a card with ship info to carry with us in case we got lost while exploring on our own. I am a vegetarian and had no shortage of delicious meals. Sometimes the "meat eaters" at our table were envious! The waiters got to know us and our preferences. Made us feel so special. I was even able to get some cooking hints from the chef. Between meals there were baskets of muffins or cookies and coffee, hot chocolate, tea, etc. No matter how many cookies I ate I couldn't empty that basket. Every little detail was looked after and we were thoroughly spoiled. Our cabin was beautiful and cleaned every day. Didn't require formal clothes, dressed for comfort. The port excursions gave us access to things we wouldn't normally see. We went into a business where they were cutting diamonds. We also had an incredible tour of the Melk Abbey and the paintings, especially on the ceilings were amazing. Guides were so informative. Good taste of cultures. Staff wonderful! We loved every moment of our cruise. Came home and booked another river boat cruise right away. Best way to travel!

Fulfilling a Dream

Patricia Lapointe’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Vili price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 211
Cabin was beautiful! No need to pack shampoo, conditioner, soap or lotions as it was all provided. We had a veranda but next time we are going to have a small window instead because I have a problem with getting sea sick and seeing moving water bothered me. The view from the veranda was beautiful though. The staff who look after the cleaning of cabins were so nice.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins

• Bratislava
    Totally different scenery than we see in Canada. Loved the buildings and the narrow streets.
    View All 273 Bratislava Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Bratislava Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    The history is amazing! Guide showed us shoe memorial, told us about the ghettos. Warned us about the gypsies trying to sell us inferior products. I was thrilled to meet a gypsy and she let me take a picture. Guide took us in to a business that cut diamonds, something that we wouldn't have had access to otherwise.
    View All 305 City Tour Reviews
  • Old Town Tour
    We enjoyed our tour with the guide and the experience of walking back on our own with friends we had met on the cruise. Love the small villages and being able to get a glimpse of how the people live there.
    View All 58 Old Town Tour Reviews
  • Melk Abbey
    Again the History! Learned so much about art. Paintings were amazing!
    View All 169 Melk Abbey Reviews
  • Walking Tour
    The guide told us a lot about architecture of the buildings and about the flooding the city endured several times. Very interesting. We wouldn't have learned even half the things we learned without a guide.
    View All 193 Walking Tour Reviews
  • Walking Tour
    The History!! Without an excellent we wouldn't have learned nearly as much. We explored on our own as well and got lost. The ship gives passengers a card with ship info on it and we were able to get directions. Met really nice people who were happy to help.
    View All 160 Walking Tour Reviews